Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Titans + Dir en Grey = my current and recent writing projects
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 am 
Site Admin

As anyone who has collaborated with me on character or story development in the past (which is most of you here, so far :rbg: ) is aware, I draw a lot of creative inspiration from music, and I have a habit of choosing particular songs to serve as themes for stories, scenes and major characters.

As you're probably also aware, for the past couple of years most of my writing has centered around the Teen Titans and related characters. And as I may also have mentioned, I think the music of Dir en Grey fits "my" version of these characters particularly well. So I thought I would post a list of some of the songs I've been working off of, so to speak, as it could conceivably be of interest to those who follow my work, those who are also Dir fans, or hopefully both. :P

Character Themes:

Story-specific Themes:

Last edited by CWS on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:12 am, edited 17 times in total.
Updated MOAR

Post subject: Re: Titans + Dir en Grey = my current and recent writing projects
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:39 am 
Contributing Staff

I would think Embryo would make a decent story theme for the writings you have produced, perhaps "Snow" more than others but nevertheless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:01 am 
Site Admin

germanicuscaesar wrote:
I would think Embryo would make a decent story theme for the writings you have produced, perhaps "Snow" more than others but nevertheless.

Hmmm...very interesting point and a possible oversight on my part. But the list is ever-evolving and I am planning to add some story-specific theme selections, too. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Updated! Found a better theme for Jericho and Germanicus sold me on Embryo for Snow. :D

Y'know, I'd already decided that it fit musically, but then I looked up a translation of the lyrics and...Jesus Christ. :shock: It still fits, but in the absolute most horrific way possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 am 
Site Admin

Although I hate to double post, I thought I should note that I've edited/updated the list again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 pm 
Contributing Staff

CWS wrote:
Updated! Found a better theme for Jericho and Germanicus sold me on Embryo for Snow. :D

Y'know, I'd already decided that it fit musically, but then I looked up a translation of the lyrics and...Jesus Christ. :shock: It still fits, but in the absolute most horrific way possible.

I thought it would work, lyrically and musically, and am delighted you agree. Kyo does know how to pen songs that are rather troubling in both original format and translation.

Last edited by germanicuscaesar on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:44 am 
Site Admin

germanicuscaesar wrote:
CWS wrote:

I thought it would work, lyrically and musically, and am delighted you agree. Kyo does know how to pin songs that are rather troubling in both original format and translation.

That's putting it mildly. That said, if you had any other suggestions or comments on the current selections, they would be more than welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:44 am 
Contributing Staff

I will look at the list as I listen to the tracks over the week though more than likely the weekend. New work schedule = poo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:51 am 
Contributing Staff

While Dir en Grey is hard to beat for the lyrical and musical "fit", I suggest some Gackt songs might be good as well. I was listening to his discography as I am want to do and the songs "Oasis", "Redemption", and "Black Stone" might all be good fits as character themes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

I decided to go back and take another look at this, cleaned up a bunch of the links and added several more character themes. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:29 am 

Been a while since any of us talked about stories. I put my stuff on hold because Uni and work are sucking up all my spare time; that and I admit my interest has waned. But I'm still curious about what you have planned Corey.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:49 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Been a while since any of us talked about stories. I put my stuff on hold because Uni and work are sucking up all my spare time; that and I admit my interest has waned. But I'm still curious about what you have planned Corey.
Thanks. Yeah, I've obviously been very badly stalled, myself. :oops: Been trying to change that but unfortunately I've been less than successful thus far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:27 am 
Site Admin

Updated the first post once again, this time having found new and more suitable tracks for Wonder Girl and Psimon.

And yes...this does also mean I'm more actively working on the story once again. Finally.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:26 am 

CWS wrote:
Updated the first post once again, this time having found new and more suitable tracks for Wonder Girl and Psimon.

And yes...this does also mean I'm more actively working on the story once again. Finally.

YYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE! :rbg:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:13 am 
Site Admin

Added a few more selections.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

CWS wrote:
Obscure - Trigon (ANSFWOAEFTM)
...Absolutely Not Safe For Work Or Anywhere Else For That Matter?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

The Phiend wrote:
CWS wrote:
Obscure - Trigon (ANSFWOAEFTM)
...Absolutely Not Safe For Work Or Anywhere Else For That Matter?
Correct.