Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: What the f@#$?!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 pm 

I thought I'd start a thread where we could put up anything we find on the Net that just... doesn't fit anywhere else, makes no sense whatsoever and could conceivably be used in psychological warfare.

For instance: Attack of the Yodelling Japanese Toilet Faces! :shock:

Post subject: Re: What the f@#$?!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Wow. That is...definitely something else. o_o

Not to be outdone, I came across this the other day and was going to post about it, but then I forgot to. Until now! :lol:

Quote:
Man forced to eat own beard after lawnmower argument

A man in Kentucky claims a fight over a lawnmower led to his beard being cut off and stuffed in his mouth before he was forced to eat it.

Harvey Westmoreland told police the argument between himself, his brother and two other men started when one of the latter drunkenly offered to buy said grass-cutting tool.

He explained that the pair, James Hill and Troy Holt, had invited him and his brother to their house on the day of the incident in May.

'My brother was cleaning out the stalls out there for Troy, you know, working for him,' he remembered.

'They called and wanted me to come around there and when I got there, I realised they were already drunk.'

In the course of their exchange, Troy apparently offered to buy Harvey's lawnmower for $250.

'I paid twenty bucks for it. He thought I was trying to cheat him,' noted Westmoreland.

'One thing led to another and, before I knowed it [sic], there were knives and guns and everything just went haywire.

'They cut my beard and forced me to eat it.'

'OMG is this for real? It's like a symphony of stereotypes!' commented one viewer of YouTube footage of the incident.

'Yo buddy, where's Cletus?' mused another.

'Sounds like he had a close shave with death,' was the inevitable quip from another viewer.

Hill and Holt, who pleaded guilty to the attack, are expected to be sentenced in court this week.

Nope, no joke. See the link for a video clip.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 pm 

Yarg, that's gross. o_o

So, you don't want to be out done, eh? Consider your challenge accepted, CWS!

Here's an ad from the late '70's from NZ for Crunchie Bars, where a train robbery goes completely out of control and common sense is catapulted out the window. This is how you make a short, but highly entertaining and awesome ad.

Have a Crunchie!

I WANT ONE! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:02 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Here's an ad from the late '70's from NZ for Crunchie Bars, where a train robbery goes completely out of control and common sense is catapulted out the window. This is how you make a short, but highly entertaining and awesome ad.

Have a Crunchie!

I WANT ONE! :D

Holy shit. Cowboys, Indians, WWII-era soldiers and ordinance, and even a crazed dagger-wielding Arab...they really did not leave anyone out, did they? :lol:

But are you sure that's from the 1970s? Frankly, the production values look far too good for that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:19 am 

But are you sure that's from the 1970s? Frankly, the production values look far too good for that.

Yep, I'm pretty sure. I mean, it's not too far fetched if you think about it. After all, we've had colour film since the 1930's that's recorded Hitler's speeches and meetings, and Un Chien Andalou had some awesome effects even though it was 1929.

Speaking of which, have you ever seen Un Chien Andalou? The first thing I thought after watching it was:

What the F*#$ was THAT???!!!!!!

Don't worry, it's a short film (about 15 minutes) and Youtube can't get sued and take it off. It's public domain.

WARNING Contains really disturbing and trippy scenes. Especially the first two minutes. You might just vomit up your spleen. I can't guarantee you'll still have your sanity afterward. I don't say this lightly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:27 pm 

Oh, no, I didn't go too far did I? :oops: I was meaning to save that one for my Ace in the Hole. Sorry. I just get competitive when it gets to stuff like this. :rbg:

You aren't too psychologically traumatised, are you CWS? Buddy? Talk to me please, you're scaring me! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Oh, no, I didn't go too far did I? :oops: I was meaning to save that one for my Ace in the Hole. Sorry. I just get competitive when it gets to stuff like this. :rbg:

You aren't too psychologically traumatised, are you CWS? Buddy? Talk to me please, you're scaring me! :shock:

Actually, I just wasn't in the mood to watch a 15-minute silent film until now...

...although now that I have, I think it skates very close to the 'prohibited content' line, if not crossing it altogether. However, upon reviewing the forum rules I realized that was not defined as well as it could be, so I've now updated them, and no other action will be taken since that was as much my fault as yours. But do be mindful of that in the future.

So that's where David Lynch got all his ideas from... :?

As far as the production values in that other commercial, I was referring to the relative lack of film grain, which is highly noticeable in most other film media dating back that far. Unless it's been remastered or something, which is extremely unlikely in the case of a TV commercial. It looks more like mid- to late '80s quality to my eye, if even that old.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:23 am 

OK, although I did give a warning, I agree I took it too far that time. Sorry CWS, I'll tone it down in future.

The ad I showed you earlier probably was remastered a bit because it became insanely popular back home, and was kept on the airwaves until the late 90's or so. It isn't anymore due to silly copyrighting issues or something, but there you are.

Alright, I'll show you something that is not only safe for the whole family, but is wicked awesome too. I had no idea that any species of shrimp could do this, but WOW!

I want shrimps with frickin' laser beams attached to their claws!!!!!

Rated G. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:20 pm 

Now from something real cool to an epic failure of modern bioengineering. With all the awesome things we could do with genetics nowadays (but don't for fear of environmental or ethical concerns), we came up with this?!?

Fainting Goats :lol:

Yes, you read correctly. Some breeders thought it would be a great idea to create a breed of goats that keels over and plays dead whenever it gets excited. :roll: Come on, I thought America was cool. I thought you'd have created a race of fire breathing, venom spitting, leathery winged, chainsaw weilding monsters by now. But fainting goats????!!!!!! :?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Now from something real cool to an epic failure of modern bioengineering. With all the awesome things we could do with genetics nowadays (but don't for fear of environmental or ethical concerns), we came up with this?!?

Fainting Goats :lol:

Yes, you read correctly. Some breeders thought it would be a great idea to create a breed of goats that keels over and plays dead whenever it gets excited. :roll: Come on, I thought America was cool. I thought you'd have created a race of fire breathing, venom spitting, leathery winged, chainsaw weilding monsters by now. But fainting goats????!!!!!! :?
"Modern" bioengineering? Myotonic goats date back to at least the 19th century. What the heck would you consider "ancient"? :lol:

And the chainsaw wielding was a failure. Too accident prone, and none of the movie/television companies took the special effects sale pitches seriously. Apparently it looked too fake. :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:24 am 

I would consider the first domestication of livestock and plants, humanity's first act of bioengineering, to be ancient. That was well over 12,000 years ago. In terms of human history, which stretches back some 500,000 years or more (not counting our more primitive ancestors before modern homo sapiens sapiens) the 19th century was only a few minutes ago, and therefore modern. :ugeek: How's that for an answer Phiend? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:23 am 

Anywho...

With the somewhat lively debate going on about Raven potentially having her own series, I thought I'd do something different and plaster in a few links from my favourite crack site, Superdickery! :D

For those unfamiliar with the site, Superdickery is where comic book fans with way too much time on their hands post up scans of comic book covers and pages that may seem weird, trippy, or just plain wrong when shown out of context. Most of the material is from the Silver Age Superman comics, where Superman acts like... well, a dick. Hence the name.

Here are but a few that tickled my fancy. No, not in that way! :lol:

Strong Sturdy Legs

HE RISES!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:39 am 

Here are a few more:

Superman can't let anyone be better than him...

Some Justice League they are

And my personal favourite is in the attachment below.

Attachment:
Superman nukes Metropolis.docx [312.19 KiB]
Downloaded 808 times

Which leads to my second personal favourite:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:34 am 
Site Admin

In the interests of keeping the subject alive (and totally not just to showcase the new YouTube embedding BBcode), I present....Snickers advertisements featuring Mr. T.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 am 

Hmm. That guy in the first video would have made an excellent addition to the Italian Azzurri. :lol:

That, and I would have just shot those sods with real ammunition, and not chuck Snicker bars at them. :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
That, and I would have just shot those sods with real ammunition, and not chuck Snicker bars at them. :P
Given Mr. T's starring role on The A-Team, where copious amounts of firepower rarely produced personal injury, the Snickers might actually be more effective for him :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:37 am 

Too true, too true. :D

But at least Mr. T's ads are worth the price of admission here. Now, I had no idea this chain of fast food outlet existed until recently, as NZ is dominated chiefly by McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and Subway, but I am glad that this one has not taken root. Because I am convinced that the food that Quiznos serves is not only radioactive, but also causes irreparable genetic damage and brainwashes the poor customer into demented, furry zealots that eternally praise their evil patrons with mediocre guitar play, an outdated taste in hats, an IQ of approximately 20, and grating voices that sound like they are passing stools. :?

And for the love of all things holy and sacred, STAY AWAY FROM THE PEPPER BAR! :o

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:30 am 
Site Admin

My brothers like Quizno's. I've eaten there a couple times, the food didn't agree with me.

However, the single worst fast food experience I have ever had was, unquestionably and by a wide margin, that White Castle we went to in Minneapolis back in...hmm, was it '98? I'm sure Zanth and/or Jude will remember it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Quizno's is absolutely delicious. Although their marketing leaves something to be desired. It's as though some sort of ceremony splits off the higher spiritual essence of the each executive, with heightened consciousness of toasted bread and chicken carbonaras and raspberry chipotle sauce....Leaving a decrepit husk of necrotic flesh to gather into little balls and toss into the marketing department, to toil in anguish for eternity for the glory of sandwich-dom.

Actually, strike that. It now seems more likely that such waste was directly and accurately depicted in the commercials :shock: And their post-psycho-rat-blob commercials weren't notable in any fashion, possibly why the Quizno's in town went out of business. Oh well, Subway's good too.

Anyway...I'm not sure how to process this. Is this...awesome, corny? Both, concurrently?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:49 pm 

There's enough premium cheese here to give me high cholesterol, but it's still lightyears ahead of most of the drivel Hollywood churns out. :rbg:

Okay, I'll bite. How do you make those Youtube screens?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next