Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: What the f@#$?!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:28 am 

Which anti-bullying code would you rather follow? *Hint: The sane one is on the right.*

Hey! Zemen Elementary believes bullying is all the victim's fault for being humourless pussies, so we've laid out some rules to make them bigger pussies!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Question: If a toddler is beset by a dog that pulls him off his feet, is better to have a cat, or a vanguard whose Charge ability is optimized for knockback?

Answer: Yes.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:27 am 
Site Admin

The Phiend wrote:
Question: If a toddler is beset by a dog that pulls him off his feet, is better to have a cat, or a vanguard whose Charge ability is optimized for knockback?

Answer: Yes.

o_o Yikes. I've never seen a dog, or a cat do that before...

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:34 am 
Global Moderator

Cats are often very protective of family's children. I know my mom said that one of ours would actually come wake them up if I was having trouble breathing when I was really little. She slept at the foot of my bed every night, but if I was sick she would sleep up next to my head to keep better watch over me.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Cats are often very protective of family's children. I know my mom said that one of ours would actually come wake them up if I was having trouble breathing when I was really little. She slept at the foot of my bed every night, but if I was sick she would sleep up next to my head to keep better watch over me.

That's cool. Also, here's a dog whose behavior is much more commendable than the one in that video clip...

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

Here's how one smart dog has figured out to scratch his own back:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:35 am 
Contributing Staff

Big wtf as in this randomly turned up when I was searching much more modern games on youtube and oh god the nostalgia.

EDIT: Oh, and just playing with lions and hyenas.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 am 
Contributing Staff

This is probably close to one of the best things I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:08 pm 
Global Moderator

American Pie was about Buzz Lightyear?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:05 am 

I'm generally of the opinion that roads are one of the modern world's unsung heroes of economic prosperity. They create nice, smooth causeways between important locations that are safe for cars and trucks to quickly and efficiently transport goods and services across distances that were unthinkable 100 years ago.

So naturally Japan, the world's resident weirdness magnet, has found a way to make these boring trails of asphalt into elaborate musical instruments. :lol:

Be honest Japan. You're doing this because you love seeing our uncomprehending looks saying "You're fucking nuts, aren't you?"

The complicated process behind making these "Melody Roads," found throughout Japan's backcountry, where they cut lines and grooves into the road in precise places along a 200m length of road, seems like a pointless waste of resources to me. Not sure how it impacts the longevity of the roads either. But it is... interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:59 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
I'm generally of the opinion that roads are one of the modern world's unsung heroes of economic prosperity. They create nice, smooth causeways between important locations that are safe for cars and trucks to quickly and efficiently transport goods and services across distances that were unthinkable 100 years ago.
That is absolutely true, although...one, paved roads are hardly a 20th century invention, and two, I suspect they're viewed as a bit more than an "unsung hero" by a significant percentage of the billions of people whose daily lives and livelihoods depend on them. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:49 am 

CWS wrote:
snowman1989 wrote:
That is absolutely true, although...one, paved roads are hardly a 20th century invention, and two, I suspect they're viewed as a bit more than an "unsung hero" by a significant percentage of the billions of people whose daily lives and livelihoods depend on them. :P

Yes, roads have been around for a long time. BUT. The sophistication of their modern construction, the methods used to carve them out of the countryside (rather than just follow the natural landscape's contours), and adapting them for motorised vehicles is what is new and different from the roads we've had for centuries. Though over here, you're more likely to hear people cursing them because of Auckland's ever worsening traffic jams, despite all the billions of dollars we've thrown into building new motorways and tunnels over the last decade.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 am 
Contributing Staff

I sat down tonight to watch Battlestar Galactica all the way through and in the correct order, for the first time ever. And these images makes me think maybe we should have realised earlier that the machines have it in for us

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:
I sat down tonight to watch Battlestar Galactica all the way through and in the correct order, for the first time ever. And these images makes me think maybe we should have realised earlier that the machines have it in for us
As much as I loved the first two seasons of that show, IMOHO by the end it became a textbook study in "why you should plan out your endgame right from the beginning, if at all possible".

Don't get me wrong; there were a handful of truly great episodes in the third and fourth seasons, also. But up through the Resurrection Ship storyline in season 2 (which I still maintain was the high point of the series), you really felt like it was going somewhere truly incredible, and then it...kind of didn't. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:37 pm 
Contributing Staff

Yeah. I am... definitely not looking forward to that. I remember watching a lot of the later episodes of Season 4 and not having any idea whatsoever how that outcome either could or should have been extrapolated from the first season. I suppose at least I've got some flair for finding the beginning and the end together quite often when I write, so I can determine the path between the two based on characters, events, outcomes, etc. :booya:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:
I suppose at least I've got some flair for finding the beginning and the end together quite often when I write, so I can determine the path between the two based on characters, events, outcomes, etc. :booya:
Well...I'm curious to hear your own conclusions. My own biggest problem was an ultimate lack of coherent links between the beginning and end, at least in my opinion, anyway. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:54 am 
Contributing Staff

Well, I'm 100% sure of this, at least: Doral is a total frakkin' cheesedick. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:40 pm 
Contributing Staff

When Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman's poster for Lucy makes the front page of reddit and someone complains the upskirt shot of her doesn't show anything: that's the point.

Appears in the thread, but once again relevant.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:
Well, I'm 100% sure of this, at least: Doral is a total frakkin' cheesedick. :lol:
I always loved the fact that in the miniseries, Baltar got Doral thrown off the ship for interrupting his imaginary hand job by accusing him of being a Cylon.

Which he was.

But Baltar didn't know that at the time. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:10 am 

Ah, the Eighties. I was born in that decade, you know. Sure, it was mid-89 so I was a baby until around 1994, but it still counts! I grew up with a lot of legacy Eighties musics and shows. :rbg:

Anyway, I always got blasted by Bonnie Tyler whenever my parents took me on a trip across the country. Out of curiosity (not that I'm interested in her music, no, nope :? ), I looked up the music video, and wondered what the f*ck was going on in it:

A female teacher singing about love while surrounded by half-naked pubescent schoolboys. That's 25 to life.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I decided to try and find out more on the lyrics (DEFINATELY not interested, nope) and came across this comedy gem, whose writers also seem confused over who is running this school:

The University of Otago?

One last thing I found out (REALLY NOT INTERESTED, JUST TAKING A PASSING GLANCE) was that this song was written by Meatloaf's former song-writer Jim Steinman, and was originally meant to be part of a screenplay about a vampire seducing someone. Though I've also heard it used as an allegory for domestic abuse and the complexity of relationships. ...And yes, paedophilia too, also. o_o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next