Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: What the f@#$?!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:34 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
That man may be silent, but his eyes are screaming. :lol:
One partial explanation could be (and this is also what makes the video truly hilarious) the fact that up until about a year ago, NJ Gov. Chris Christie was the biggest loud-mouthed media whore in Republican politics. It was, in fact, his entire claim to fame, and something he obviously intended to ride into the White House. Then Trump comes along and completely steals his thunder in every possible way, and then to finish the (self-inflicted) humiliation, after finally suspending his own abortion of a campaign, Christie ended up endorsing Trump...which then led to that priceless press conference from which this footage was taken.

(For the record, I don't support either of these men, and never have.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:07 am 

Yeah, all joking aside, your party is fucked beyond belief. At this point, I doubt you can stop Trump now, the only chance you have of not getting him in office is to vote Democrat. And quite frankly, the GOP has brought this catastrophe upon themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Yeah, all joking aside, your party is fucked beyond belief. At this point, I doubt you can stop Trump now, the only chance you have of not getting him in office is to vote Democrat. And quite frankly, the GOP has brought this catastrophe upon themselves.
They did, though I doubt it was for the reasons you think.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:01 am 

I kept forgetting to post this up here, but now I have. Skip to fifty seconds in and prepare yourselves for... the Aztec Death Whistle. :o

Yes, it sounds exactly like a man having his chest sliced open with an obsidian knife and having his heart ripped out of him by a maniacal blood soaked priest to be sacrificed to Huitzilopochtli, the God of War. Because of the lack of sources, I am uncertain whether the Aztecs actually used this thing the way the video describes (though I wouldn't put it past them), but I do know that death whistles have been found across pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, with archaeologists thinking they were for rituals. Quick rule of thumb: if an archaeologist says an object was "likely used for ritual purposes," what they're really saying is "I don't know what the fuck they used this for." :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:27 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
I kept forgetting to post this up here, but now I have. Skip to fifty seconds in and prepare yourselves for... the Aztec Death Whistle. :o

Yes, it sounds exactly like a man having his chest sliced open with an obsidian knife and having his heart ripped out of him by a maniacal blood soaked priest to be sacrificed to Huitzilopochtli, the God of War. Because of the lack of sources, I am uncertain whether the Aztecs actually used this thing the way the video describes (though I wouldn't put it past them), but I do know that death whistles have been found across pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, with archaeologists thinking they were for rituals. Quick rule of thumb: if an archaeologist says an object was "likely used for ritual purposes," what they're really saying is "I don't know what the fuck they used this for." :lol:

This trips my

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:05 am 

I just love it when an indignant British person points out everything wrong with Hollywood fighting styles, and in a shitty film that demonstrates all that is abominable about movies set in antiquity. Though I do have to add my own observation: why do the weapons and armour in this movie look like they're made of iron? Wasn't the Trojan War set during the Bronze Age? The prop guys couldn't have at least tried giving the equipment an appropriate finish? The Greeks took pride in their bronze weapons and armour, and polished them religiously!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

....James Cameron announced that he's doing FOUR Avatar sequels? :|

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

What?! Hollywood is historically inaccurate...and Jim Cameron thinks he's going to successfully offload another yuge load of crap on us all, which virtually no one is clamoring for or even cares about???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Don't remember if I ever posted this here, but in either case, it's just too damn funny.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:29 am 

Here's a fun fact: the word "apology" comes from the Greek apologia which has a completely different meaning in its original form. Whereas today an apology means to show regret and admit failure or wrongdoing, apologia means the complete opposite: it is an argument defending yourself.

Which brings me to Socrates, the Athenian philosopher and resident smartass who pissed off one guy too many and was brought to trial accused of "atheism" and "corrupting the young." Plato's Apologia is a telling of Socrates' defence, but one comic writer thought of reworking and condensing its essence into a short comic... in the form of a modern apology. :lol: Bear in mind as you read it, that Socrates' very life was at stake, and that he was going to die if the court declared him guilty.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:32 am 

Auckland had a slew of waterspouts about a week back, but one in particular caught the weatherman's eye.

It's a paenus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 am 
Site Admin

If there ever was a video clip to completely embody the title of this thread, then as God is my witness, this is that video.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 pm 

CWS wrote:
If there ever was a video clip to completely embody the title of this thread, then as God is my witness, this is that video.

Oooooooooooooookay. Two things. First, never change Japan. :lol: Second, I believe I've just seen the physical manifestation of America's collective brain cancer. And I feel compelled to add a third thing: this... whatever this thing is, it's far less cartoonish and more grounded in reality than what's currently happening in the US. I need a fucking drink.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:02 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
And I feel compelled to add a third thing: this... whatever this thing is, it's far less cartoonish and more grounded in reality than what's currently happening in the US. I need a fucking drink.
You may just have the tiniest inkling of how we feel about it, then.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:43 am 

CWS wrote:

Everyone in "Not America" understands more than you may think. After all, because the US is the world's premier hegemon, and because much of its prosperity and stability depends on a healthy American economy, we are all gravely concerned (i.e. in speechless terror) that your country is shitting the bed HARD. :shock: We don't want a Trump presidency any more than you do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:31 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
CWS wrote:
Everyone in "Not America" understands more than you may think. After all, because the US is the world's premier hegemon, and because much of its prosperity and stability depends on a healthy American economy, we are all gravely concerned (i.e. in speechless terror) that your country is shitting the bed HARD. :shock: We don't want a Trump presidency any more than you do.
I think you misinterpreted my meaning, to some extent. You understand the situation from your own external perspective, which is necessarily different from ours, just as ours is necessarily different from yours.

Which is to say that you (quite naturally) are viewing all of this in terms of its potential global repercussions; the domestic implications have little to no bearing on your own day-to-day life, thus you'd have no reason to ponder them. Just one of those domestic implications, from my own perspective (since I'm the one typing this, obviously :P ) is as follows:

After eight long years under the most destructive President of my lifetime, those of us who still believe in the rule of law should have finally had the chance to begin repairing the staggering damage that's been done...only to have that opportunity stolen and squandered by a deranged orange con man, backed by an even more mindless cult of personality than that which originally swept Obama into office, who've now effectively taken over the political party I've been a member of for over 20 years. (At least until the end of this year, anyway.) And now they think they can kick people like me to the curb, before the door has even swung shut behind them. So in what should have been a very hopeful and invigorating political season, we've somehow been left with a "choice" between two of the biggest frauds to ever run for the Presidency, whose only fundamental area of disagreement is which of them ought to be our next "ruler".

Others will certainly disagree with some of those details since everyone's perspective is obviously different (though I'd note that I can back up each and every claim I've made :P ), but for perhaps the first time in many decades, I strongly suspect that a majority of Republicans and Democrats would both agree that we've each been thoroughly disenfranchised by the parties who are supposed to be representing us.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:56 am 

We have officially hit meme gold here. Even Nintendo is getting in on the Trump parody wagon. :lol:

#MakePokemonGreatAgain

Seriously, this is a real thing. I even have the official trailer to prove it. At 2:06 - 2:19, when he fights Pedobear. :lol: I, ha, I can't hahahaha! I can't make this shit up! Hahahaha! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:58 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
We have officially hit meme gold here. Even Nintendo is getting in on the Trump parody wagon. :lol:

#MakePokemonGreatAgain

Seriously, this is a real thing. I even have the official trailer to prove it. At 2:06 - 2:19, when he fights Pedobear. :lol: I, ha, I can't hahahaha! I can't make this shit up! Hahahaha! :lol:

...He certainly does lend himself to parody quite naturally, that's for sure. (Props to Loki for the image.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:33 pm 
Contributing Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next