Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: At the present moment...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:14 am 
Contributing Staff

Speaking of hang time: Arkham PC capped at 30FPS, unplayable mess.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:20 am 
Site Admin

Humans seems like an interesting show...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:32 pm 

I found out nearly a month ago, and yet I haven't posted about it yet. :o I apologise, I've been neglectful.

So allow me to correct that: I've finished my final university paper. Which means, GRADUATION! :rbg:

I'm glad that after all these years it's all finally over, but there's only one problem. The University of Auckland follows the old traditions of the University of Cambridge back in England, which means that as an Arts student, I have to wear... pink. :o

The University of Auckland: Making arts graduates look like the Emperor's gay cousins since 1883

Maybe I'm being unfair and overreacting. Pink shockingly enough, was considered a manly colour in the 19th century. It's also really the inner hood and a few other places that's pink, most of the graduate gown is still fashionably black. I suppose it could be worse. I could have graduated from the Business school and be made to wear prison orange.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
I found out nearly a month ago, and yet I haven't posted about it yet. :o I apologise, I've been neglectful.

So allow me to correct that: I've finished my final university paper. Which means, GRADUATION! :rbg:

I'm glad that after all these years it's all finally over, but there's only one problem. The University of Auckland follows the old traditions of the University of Cambridge back in England, which means that as an Arts student, I have to wear... pink. :o

The University of Auckland: Making arts graduates look like the Emperor's gay cousins since 1883

Maybe I'm being unfair and overreacting. Pink shockingly enough, was considered a manly colour in the 19th century. It's also really the inner hood and a few other places that's pink, most of the graduate gown is still fashionably black. I suppose it could be worse. I could have graduated from the Business school and be made to wear prison orange.

Congratulations! And you have my sympathies on the fashion debacle. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 am 
Site Admin

These dogs are hilarious IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

I think I might be setting my sights on one of these bad boys.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:16 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:

I was about to say that was a terrible ripoff for just that controller, but then I saw a 1 TB SSD, that's pretty nice. Bravo MS, nice bundle there. I'm perfectly satisfied with the 1 TB HDD, Master Chief Collection and 2 wireless controllers bundle I got, but I must say this would have been very tempting had it been available.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:

I was about to say that was a terrible ripoff for just that controller, but then I saw a 1 TB SSD, that's pretty nice. Bravo MS, nice bundle there. I'm perfectly satisfied with the 1 TB HDD, Master Chief Collection and 2 wireless controllers bundle I got, but I must say this would have been very tempting had it been available.

Yeah, the main draw for me is the terabyte hybrid SSHDD. The controller...well, we'll see how it works. It could turn out to be a spectacular innovation, or just another gimmick (like Kinect).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:12 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:

Yeah, the main draw for me is the terabyte hybrid SSHDD. The controller...well, we'll see how it works. It could turn out to be a spectacular innovation, or just another gimmick (like Kinect).

Yeah, I'm not sold on those controllers. They could be really cool, or they could be really not. I have a hybrid 1 TB HDD in my PS4, and it's nice. Not ready to spring for buying an SSD for it tho. I wonder if MS will sell those drives separately in an upgrade kit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sold on those controllers. They could be really cool, or they could be really not. I have a hybrid 1 TB HDD in my PS4, and it's nice. Not ready to spring for buying an SSD for it tho. I wonder if MS will sell those drives separately in an upgrade kit.
I didn't think the One's HDD was removable, is it? I also didn't realize that the PS4's HDD could be swapped out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:16 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:
I didn't think the One's HDD was removable, is it? I also didn't realize that the PS4's HDD could be swapped out.

Yeah, Sony has been really good about that. Both the PS3 and the PS4 have swappable HDDs(standard laptop SATA drives), both of which, I believe, have directions in the book on how to do it. My PS3 had a hybrid 750GB in it also. Tho, I will give props for MS for allowing the use of external drives for your downloaded content on the XBone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:
Yeah, Sony has been really good about that. Both the PS3 and the PS4 have swappable HDDs(standard laptop SATA drives), both of which, I believe, have directions in the book on how to do it. My PS3 had a hybrid 750GB in it also. Tho, I will give props for MS for allowing the use of external drives for your downloaded content on the XBone.
Weird, another PS3 owner I know has told me the exact opposite. :? And is the One's HDD removable, or not?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:06 pm 
Contributing Staff

You cannot replace the storage already in the Xbox One, unless you want to void your warranty by pulling the console apart, but you can expand that storage by plugging another HDD/whatever into any of the USB ports on the console.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:26 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:
Weird, another PS3 owner I know has told me the exact opposite. :? And is the One's HDD removable, or not?

Well, that's messed up, because I have gone thru two PS3s and I replaced the HDDs in both of them. Different models each.

As Loki said, you can not change the XBone's HDD, but you can hook up any external USB 3.0 256 GB+ and use it as yoru storage for games you download, video, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Well, going back to the intended topic of this thread, that being to talk about things that are happening in real time (I know, I've probably deviated from that more than anyone)...I just finished Dishonored, finally, and man what a fantastic game it is. In some ways it's the most truly original game, at least in terms of its setting and general concept, that I've played in a very long time.

If you've never played it, you've been missing out on something really special.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:22 pm 

Writing up to say I'm not dead yet. I'm just bored as hell. :|

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:13 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Writing up to say I'm not dead yet. I'm just bored as hell. :|

Good to see you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:42 am 

Graduation is tomorrow. Can't sleep. Afraid of looking... like... moron. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:35 pm 
Global Moderator

Don't sweat it man. Everyone else is having that same thought, and it'll all be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:19 am 

Zanth wrote:
Don't sweat it man. Everyone else is having that same thought, and it'll all be fine.

Funny you should say that. I was sweating like hell under all the layers of clothing I had to wear. A monkey suit with fur-lined regalia on top, at the start of spring. Compounded by constant walking all over Auckland in the parade and waiting in a crowded, stifling auditorium... :o

Yeah, I know I'm acting negative. But it actually wasn't all that bad. Sure, walking around with a cloak and pink hood around city-folk is... disconcerting. :? But I got used to it in the end, and even started to like the novelty of getting away with wearing something so weird in public. :lol: Heck, I got a free lunch out of the whole thing. And the wine! :) That wine they were serving, it was the first time I truly enjoyed drinking alcohol. It was just so refreshing to drink something that didn't taste like piss! :D

So I am now officially a Graduate, with a BA in hand. In academic circles, that makes me... well, small fry. :| Nothing really remarkable compared to a Master or a Doctor. But it makes me the biggest fish on my dad's side of the family; I'm the only one in the family's entire history to have achieved academic qualifications. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next