Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: At the present moment...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:39 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Zanth wrote:
Don't sweat it man. Everyone else is having that same thought, and it'll all be fine.

Funny you should say that. I was sweating like hell under all the layers of clothing I had to wear. A monkey suit with fur-lined regalia on top, at the start of spring. Compounded by constant walking all over Auckland in the parade and waiting in a crowded, stifling auditorium... :o

Yeah, I know I'm acting negative. But it actually wasn't all that bad. Sure, walking around with a cloak and pink hood around city-folk is... disconcerting. :? But I got used to it in the end, and even started to like the novelty of getting away with wearing something so weird in public. :lol: Heck, I got a free lunch out of the whole thing. And the wine! :) That wine they were serving, it was the first time I truly enjoyed drinking alcohol. It was just so refreshing to drink something that didn't taste like piss! :D

So I am now officially a Graduate, with a BA in hand. In academic circles, that makes me... well, small fry. :| Nothing really remarkable compared to a Master or a Doctor. But it makes me the biggest fish on my dad's side of the family; I'm the only one in the family's entire history to have achieved academic qualifications. :lol:
Congratulations! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:58 pm 

Thank you everyone. I can't tell you how relieved I am for this to be over. :)

Hm. A life without further academic achievement. I'm not sure I like that. :| With a BA, I'm qualified to begin study into a Master's degree at any time. But at least for the short term, I'd best make a start at getting rid of that student debt.

And the wine! :) I HAVE to know how to get that stuff. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:18 am 
Site Admin

Really tempted to order 32 gigs of RAM for $153...but...other expenses... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:24 am 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:

That's also extreme overkill unless you are doing massive image and video editing. 16 is more than sufficient for gaming.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:
That's also extreme overkill unless you are doing massive image and video editing. 16 is more than sufficient for gaming.
Yeah...that's the other reason I didn't do it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:39 am 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:
Yeah...that's the other reason I didn't do it.

It's nice to see RAM prices have come back down tho. I have 32 in my system, but only because when I built it 16 GB was like $109, and 32 was on sale for $125 for the exact same brand/speed. At one point I went back to get another 32 to fill my board up, and the same 32 GB kit was around $350. >_> But as I said, overkill and completely unnecessary. Tho, to be fair I was intending to do video editing at the time, but yeah....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:07 am 
Contributing Staff

I want to grab as much ram as possible for my next build, because that's going to be for running Star Citizen at maximum and video editing with a few monitors up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:38 am 

I'm sorta annoyed at myself for not covering the RWC this year. Sure, I'd most likely be talking to myself, but this has been a phenomenal tournament, better than 2011! First you have Japan's epic win over South Africa; hell, their performance this year makes the team near unrecognisable, they've improved so much! That match was just so... beautiful! :cry: There's England's epic failure of a campaign that's spawned a legion of memes, I mean, Jesus fuck. :lol: There's the All Black's complete massacre of the French... and making the rest of the semi-finalists shit themselves with just how brutal a takedown it was. :twisted: There's Argentina, who've become a real force to be reckoned with; at this point I'm almost certain they'll reach the final. And the fact that the southern rugby powers have totally locked out the north for the first time. The World Cup is really just the Rugby Championship on tour now. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:05 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
I'm sorta annoyed at myself for not covering the RWC this year. Sure, I'd most likely be talking to myself, but this has been a phenomenal tournament, better than 2011! First you have Japan's epic win over South Africa; hell, their performance this year makes the team near unrecognisable, they've improved so much! That match was just so... beautiful! :cry: There's England's epic failure of a campaign that's spawned a legion of memes, I mean, Jesus fuck. :lol: There's the All Black's complete massacre of the French... and making the rest of the semi-finalists shit themselves with just how brutal a takedown it was. :twisted: There's Argentina, who've become a real force to be reckoned with; at this point I'm almost certain they'll reach the final. And the fact that the southern rugby powers have totally locked out the north for the first time. The World Cup is really just the Rugby Championship on tour now. :lol:
Well, it's good to know you've enjoyed it, at least! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:23 am 

CWS wrote:
snowman1989 wrote:
Well, it's good to know you've enjoyed it, at least! :)

Well, it's not over yet. The semis are on this weekend, and the final is on the 31st. I just think we've missed out on the meat. And Paloma Faith's awful, AWFUL rendition of World in Union. :? I've spared you all that at least.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:09 am 
Site Admin

So I finally bought an Xbox One on...Tuesday, I think...? Set it up the night before last and started downloading/installing stuff sometime before midnight that night, and...I finally finished about half an hour ago (11 PM on Friday). :geek:

And...I'm certainly glad I waited until they released a model with a terabyte HDD, because mine is already 57% full. o_o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:14 am 

HOLY SHIT, STEAM SALE?! So many good games, so many of them dirt cheap! Christmas has come early! :rbg:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:16 pm 

Laryngitis is annoying. Real fucking annoying when you try to speak and all you can manage is a moaning wheeze. :x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:27 pm 

Found a couple of rats yesterday afternoon foraging in broad daylight. Smug little shits didn't even seem concerned that I was looking them dead in the eye. They should have been. They're dead now. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:58 am 

Nabbed another couple of rats, but the trap didn't kill them this time. One avoided the trap but was shellshocked, allowing my dad to slice it with a scythe from the gardening shed. The other had its snout caved in from the trap, and was squealing the whole time. I bashed it to death with a shovel. :( Dad helpfully told me to kill it instantly with a strike to the neck... after I'd killed it. :( Sorry, I know these are pests, but I don't want to cause unnecessary suffering. I had a pet rat when I was a kid, and the thought of killing something that cute with my own hands... :cry:

It's the same feeling I have with dogs. I mentioned poor Mandy when I first came to the site. She was suffering from terminal cancer that was eating her brain, and when the time came to put her down, I just couldn't make that harsh, necessary call.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Nabbed another couple of rats, but the trap didn't kill them this time. One avoided the trap but was shellshocked, allowing my dad to slice it with a scythe from the gardening shed. The other had its snout caved in from the trap, and was squealing the whole time. I bashed it to death with a shovel. :( Dad helpfully told me to kill it instantly with a strike to the neck... after I'd killed it. :( Sorry, I know these are pests, but I don't want to cause unnecessary suffering. I had a pet rat when I was a kid, and the thought of killing something that cute with my own hands... :cry:

It's the same feeling I have with dogs. I mentioned poor Mandy when I first came to the site. She was suffering from terminal cancer that was eating her brain, and when the time came to put her down, I just couldn't make that harsh, necessary call.

I can certainly relate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:19 am 
Site Admin

On Tuesday, I came down with a mild cold and it's since snowballed into something truly awful. Every day, I feel worse than I did the day before. :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 am 

Wow, it's been quiet. I've heard nothing from you since Tuesday, Corey. You okay over there? :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:50 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Wow, it's been quiet. I've heard nothing from you since Tuesday, Corey. You okay over there? :?

Yeah, sorry, I've been...distracted, I guess, with one thing or another. :oops: Been taking care of my brother's dog for the past week, gearing up to drive her home this afternoon (it's 196 miles / 315 KM).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next