Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: At the present moment...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:33 am 

Finished watching the Justice League vs Teen Titans movie (really just a condensed Terror of Trigon) and the final episode of Star Wars Rebels for Season 2. The movie was... okay, I guess. :| A 5/10 for me. I reckon the animated series handled the story arc better and gave us more time to connect with the characters. The movie pretty much focuses solely on the newest Robin and Raven, to the neglect of everyone else. Oh, and the title is a misnomer. The Titans and the League don't throw down at all. :? But I was just happy to see the Titans again and treated with a little more respect, unlike some other show that I shall not mention. :x

The season finale of Rebels was phenomenal. 10/10, ten outta fucking ten. It isn't perfect, and there are the ridiculous roflsabercopters (WTF), but everything else was done beautifully. The score, the acting, the animation, the fight scenes, the return of an old enemy, and Darth Vader vs Ahsoka Tano, the fight we've all been waiting for since the Clone Wars! Phiend may be interested. ;) The ending was concentrated epicness. No. No, I can't say anything more. Words are useless. Go out and see it! You'll be glad you did. :rbg:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:24 am 
Site Admin

My grandma's husband died last night (Thursday). I thought I'd mentioned it here, but...evidently I forgot to. o_o

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:54 pm 

CWS wrote:
My grandma's husband died last night (Thursday). I thought I'd mentioned it here, but...evidently I forgot to. o_o

I take it you weren't close? :? So I'm not sure how to go about this. Was he a good man? Or someone you'd rather forget?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
CWS wrote:
I take it you weren't close? :? So I'm not sure how to go about this. Was he a good man? Or someone you'd rather forget?
I was embarrassed by my own oversight at having forgotten to post about it. No, we weren't close (they lived several hundred miles away), and I didn't know him especially well, but yes, he was a good man by all accounts, and I never meant to give any indication otherwise. My dog Penny really liked him, for whatever that's worth, and at least his suffering is at an end now (he had cancer). I feel especially bad for my grandma, who will be living alone in a big house, now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:48 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Finished watching the Justice League vs Teen Titans movie (really just a condensed Terror of Trigon) and the final episode of Star Wars Rebels for Season 2. The movie was... okay, I guess. :| A 5/10 for me. I reckon the animated series handled the story arc better and gave us more time to connect with the characters. The movie pretty much focuses solely on the newest Robin and Raven, to the neglect of everyone else. Oh, and the title is a misnomer. The Titans and the League don't throw down at all. :? But I was just happy to see the Titans again and treated with a little more respect, unlike some other show that I shall not mention. :x
I watched the JL vs. TT movie last night, and I'm pretty much in total agreement with you. Phil Bourassa's character designs were excellent, as always, and it was very nice to see a more serious take on the Titans again. But the story was average at best, and the voice work left a lot to be desired...I guess I'd become a bit spoiled by all these years of Andrea Romano's direction, or something. :P

Also, I take it this must be based more on the "New 52" continuity? Because the whole thing with Superman and Wonder Woman is just weird, and I really dislike the new Robin.

Oh, and what the hell was that transformation sequence bullshit, are they a fucking sentai team now or something? :?

I really need to catch up on Rebels...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:03 am 
Site Admin

CWS wrote:
I really need to catch up on Rebels...
I really need to finish writing Penumbra so I can feel free to watch Rebels; after discovering I predicted Ahsoka working for Bail Organa in a lead-up to the Rebel Alliance months before the related episode of Rebels, I've been trying to avoid subconscious influence by...not watching the series.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:39 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Few things make me laugh harder than being called a "RINO establishment shill", a "fake conservative" or, even, a "liberal" by supporters of.........................Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:10 pm 
Global Moderator

After a frustrating week of having my main PC down, all will soon be well. After replacing what by all counts seemed to be a dead power supply, I found that the culprit that ejected its magical smoke was actually my video card. While sad that it was still by all counts a GREAT video card, AMD's new cards came out today and are better in every way; power usage, price and performance. I was lucky enough to order one before NewEgg sold out of the model I wanted. Sadly I *did* spend $200 on a PSU that was unnecessary, but it could have been worse. I was about to order a new Motherboard and processor. Really glad I didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Sadly I *did* spend $200 on a PSU that was unnecessary, but it could have been worse. I was about to order a new Motherboard and processor. Really glad I didn't.
:shock: Eesh...yeah, I imagine a spare PSU retains its usefulness as a backup component far longer than a motherboard and processor; power supply relevance is largely binary, as long as it can supply enough power it's doing the job. An older processor or an older motherboard could cap performance, while a power supply would have to be overtaxed or something before it'd impact performance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:33 pm 
Global Moderator

The Phiend wrote:
Zanth wrote:
Sadly I *did* spend $200 on a PSU that was unnecessary, but it could have been worse. I was about to order a new Motherboard and processor. Really glad I didn't.
:shock: Eesh...yeah, I imagine a spare PSU retains its usefulness as a backup component far longer than a motherboard and processor; power supply relevance is largely binary, as long as it can supply enough power it's doing the job. An older processor or an older motherboard could cap performance, while a power supply would have to be overtaxed or something before it'd impact performance.

Yeah, pretty much. I bought a better quality PSU than the one I'd been using, at least. And I do have multiple PCs, so I'll retire the crappiest one, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:40 pm 

Apparently my little cousin likes nibbling the edge of his cups, because he's got a shard of glass lodged between his teeth. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

I have to cling to whatever small shreds of hope I can find.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:02 pm 
Global Moderator

I am currently melting whilst at work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Let the record reflect that chase sequences in open-world games are the absolute bane of my existence.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:32 am 
Site Admin

For some reason lately I keep getting games I'm incredibly excited for, like Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, XCOM 2 and now Mankind Divided, and then...playing different things instead. o_o

I have no idea why this is, it's somewhat baffling.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:45 am 
Site Admin

So Best Buy didn't have the 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray of Aliens, which was released today (technically yesterday now, I guess)...but Wal-Mart did. o_o

Weird.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

I nearly forgot to update this thread when I had the chance to talk about something that's actually happening at the present moment, which was the original point after all.

Right now Khary Payton is wearing a Cowboy Bebop T-shirt on Talking Dead. I'm sure I don't need to explain to anyone how awesome this is or why.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Scandisk wrote:
Windows replaced bad clusters in file 121486
of name \pagefile.sys
This may explain the severe freezing problem I've been having :shock:

EDIT: Yes, Waterfox starts without my system intermittently freezing for half an hour between clicking the icon and the browser window actually coming up! On the downside, I don't know how long I can put off buying another system drive now....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

So on my way home from Doctor Strange, I noticed that someone has written "FUCK TRUMP" in huge letters on 4th Street. Actually ON the street itself, right in the middle, across both lanes.

Apparently political vandalism is the trendy thing to do in Bismarck all of a sudden.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next