Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Dark Knight Rises
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:17 am 

I don't know if you've heard, but Christopher Nolan has started shooting his last Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises. He's currently shooting in India of all places, and will then shoot for a few weeks in Pittsburgh.

And the villains? Bane, played by Tom Hardy, and Catwoman by Anne Hathaway. Everyone thought the Riddler would make an appearance, but I guess not. ;)

These two are an unusual choice, but they are still upper-echelon Bat rogues, and should make for a very interesting movie. Nolan has also made good use of classic comic story themes in his movies; in the Dark Knight I could pick out references to the Killing Joke, Batman: Year One and The Long Halloween. I'm wondering if he's got something like Knightfall worked into it, I wouldn't be suprised.

Oh, and here's a picture of the new and improved Bane.

I WILL BREAK YOU!

Last edited by snowman1989 on Tue May 31, 2011 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:23 am 
Site Admin

Very intriguing, indeed.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:25 am 

WHOOOAAA!! Sorry about the oversizing there. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:31 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
WHOOOAAA!! Sorry about the oversizing there. :shock:

Yeah that's...kinda big. o_o Mind just linking to the image instead?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:52 am 

I've uploaded a smaller image. Much better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:20 pm 

Trailer just been released. Make of it what you will.

A little vague on details at this point, but expected. Batman doesn't look like he'll be in for an easy time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 am 

i am a big fan of batman
he used to be my fav super hero when i was a kid
and i am eagerly waiting for dark knight rises

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 am 
Site Admin

Just got home from the midnight show.

To be honest...this was my least favorite of the "Nolan trilogy", overall. Oh, don't get me wrong, there were a lot of great moments and it's well worth the price of admission. But I just don't think it quite measured up to the incredibly high bar set by its predecessors, which isn't that surprising, all things considered. Some elements of the plot felt a bit contrived to me, particularly some of the hectic stuff in the middle...more contrived, at least, than I normally would expect from Chris Nolan. Now, having said that, I did find the ending to be extremely satisfying.

[Reveal] Spoiler: The Dark Knight Rises
The inclusion of Talia Al Ghul was a nice surprise and it made total sense with what they'd set up in the plot. Also, I've been saying ever since Batman Begins that I wanted to see how Nolan would approach Robin, and I guess I finally got my wish, didn't I? 8-) Loved that. Loved it, loved it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 am 
Site Admin

I'm sure by now you've probably all heard about this, but while I and many others were enjoying the midnight opening the night before last, a heavily armed lunatic burst into a packed theatre in Aurora, Colorado and opened fire on the audience, killing at least 12 and injuring at least 58. Many children were among the casualties, including one 6-year-old girl reported dead and a 3-month-old infant injured.

I find it unfortunate that after finishing his murderous rampage, he surrendered to police without a fight, as opposed to being exterminated on the spot like the subhuman filth that he is.

Christopher Nolan released a statement condemning the incident.
Quote:
"The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me," Nolan said in a statement on behalf of the cast and crew of the film. "Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:20 pm 

My condolences go to the bereaved. :( Whatever punishment they give to that monster is never going to be enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 am 
Site Admin

People sometimes ask me how I can count myself as a Christian and support capital punishment.

This is how.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:43 am 
Site Admin

Well this is pretty cool.
Quote:
Batman actor Christian Bale visits victims, hospital personnel
Posted: 07/24/2012 02:37:19 PM MDT
Updated: 07/25/2012 02:44:06 AM MDT
By Kurtis Lee and Ryan Parker
The Denver Post

AURORA —Christian Bale, star of the last three Batman films, met at the Medical Center of Aurora on Tuesday afternoon with seven patients injured in the mass shooting that occurred during a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises."

Hospital interim president Bill Voloch said Bale spent about 2½ hours at the hospital, where he met with five people being treated for their injuries. Two others came from Swedish Medical Center to meet Bale, who stars as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

"The patients were really happy to meet Bale," Voloch said. "They are obviously big fans of his movies. They wanted to see Batman and were really pleased to see Bale."

Bale and his wife, Sibi Blazic, also met with a number of doctors, Aurora police officers and emergency medical technicians who were first responders when James Eagan Holmes allegedly killed 12 people and injured 58 others at Century Aurora 16 theater early Friday. Bale spent about 10 minutes with each person.

"It was good for the patients," Voloch said. "We hope it was therapeutic for them, and all the staff really appreciated him coming."

Nurse Crystal Flateland said she definitely did.

Flateland and 18 other staff members from Swedish were taken to Medical Center of Aurora on Tuesday for an appreciation buffet and — to their surprise — a meet and greet with Bale.

"I am probably one of the biggest Batman fans ever," Flateland said. "It was amazing, actually, to get to meet him. I think it's really great he came out here. It was touching."

Flateland was called in to work after the shooting. During that morning, she was part of a medical team transferred to Medical Center of Aurora, where more help was needed. Flateland said she ended up working about 40 hours straight.

"It was kind of exhausting," Flateland said. "But I've now caught up on sleep and recovered."

Bale also spent some time with Gov. John Hickenlooper.

Medical Center of Aurora received 18 patients from the movie theater shooting, and seven were admitted. Four patients went to Swedish Medical Center.

Voloch said Bale notified hospital officials that he wanted to visit the injured but asked that media not be notified. "He just wanted to meet with victims and police."

Among the people Bale visited was Carey Rottman of Denver. Friends quickly tweeted out a photo of their visit.

Bale and Bazic also visited a growing memorial to victims near the movie theater.

Officials from Warner Bros. Pictures, maker of "The Dark Knight Rises," said Bale came to Aurora on his own.

"Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers," said an assistant for Susan Fleishman, executive vice president for Warner Bros.' corporate communications.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 am 

Saw the movie last night after I scrounged up a little cash. Not as good as the previous two installments, but it was still a quality movie. Bane is much more satisfactorily portrayed here than in that godawful Schumacher snuff film. :P He's brutal, pragmatic and is dangerously savvy toward Batman's methods. He's smart, but I felt that in the middle when he gives a speech
[Reveal] Spoiler:
outside Blackgate
he became a bit contrived.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The reveal of Talia al Ghul at the end suprised me, and had me smacking my head for not seeing the blatant (to a DC nerd) clues indicating her involvement. Both Bane's and Talia's reworked origins play off very nicely. However, I would have liked to have seen "Miranda Tate" become a little more involved in the story and connect with the audience more before the big reveal, which would have made it that much more shocking.

Scarecrow shows up one final time as a bullshit judge on a kangaroo court, delighting himself in sentencing people to death or exile (they're both the same). He's never dealt with, which is a troubling plot hole. As is the fact that we see Bruce heal from that crippling spine injury, yet we never see him recover from his decayed joints; it's an issue that is simply forgotten. This seems a little unlike Nolan here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:18 am 
Contributing Staff

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Scarecrow doesn't need to be dealt with because he's a little bitch. He doesn't directly oppose Batman and he serves only as a representative of the court. Everyone who's bought there is guilty, so they 'get to choose' their punishment. He doesn't convict them. He doesn't even sentence them. Plus, he doesn't have any of his fear toxin, apparently, which is literally the only thing he has that would make Batman need to fight him. The police would have got him. Or he got away. It's not a plot hole. His fate is really just not relevant to the movie as a whole.

Bruce Wayne's spinal injury is cured by resetting the vertebra Bane popped out of place. His joints, I assume, don't really 'need' to recover. Those mechanised braces he installs, I assume, either cured it, or set the joints so that he doesn't need to worry about them. Either way, the problem is dealt with. Even the pain of it all is eliminated as a factor by the Pit. He rose again. He's determined to live as Batman, to protect Gotham. He returns to be a saviour, and not a martyr. Although he ends up being both.

Plus, the movie perfectly sets up the next step in that particular Batman universe, too. Ra's Al Ghul and Talia can both return using resurrection pits, possibly. Bane is Bane. He may not even be dead. Joker is still out there, somewhere. Just depends on who works on the next Batman films and what direction they want to take it in, and that's what I like most about this film. The Nolan brothers laid it out so that someone could feasibly pick it up again in seven years or something.

Also, we've got nearly the entire significant cast of Inception, here:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Robin John Blake (Arthur)

Tom Hardy as Bane (Eames)

Marion Cotillard as Talia Al Ghul (Mal Cobb)

Cillian Murphy as Dr Michael Crane/Scarecrow (Robert Michael Fischer / The Mark)

Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth (Professor Stephen Miles)

It's worth nothing that Ken Wantabe played Ra's Al Ghul's double in Batman Begins and Mr. Saito in Inception, so Nolan treats his stars well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 pm 
Global Moderator

Sadly, the next Batman film has already been confirmed to be a reboot... again. They need to set up for the Justice League movie, which they said somewhere that Nolan's Batman is too dark for. I loved Dark Knight Rises tho, great flick. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 am 
Contributing Staff

What the fuck. Nolan's Batman isn't 'too dark'. Batman is Batman. He's the Dark Knight. His enemies are brutal, and he punishes crime with brutal beatings. I just don't understand how Nolan's Batman is too dark especially compared to some renditions of Batman out there. It's not like his enemies are stupidly brutal, either.

Next they'll be saying that the Arkham City series is getting a reboot because the gameplay is inaccessible and the story contrived. Or that Porco Rosso has no relevance to today's generation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:20 am 
Global Moderator

I can see how they'd like a slightly less dark Batman setting to lead into Justice League. I'd prefer it to carry on as is, but WB has already said that's not happening, sooooo may as well just accept it and hope whomever they get to do it doesn't suck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:12 am 
Site Admin

I don't think it's as much that the Nolan films are "too dark" as they are too realistic to believably allow for the introduction of a Superman, a Flash, a Wonder Woman, etc. in the same universe. In fact, that's a point that one of the Young Justice directors made on DeviantArt not long ago.