Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice animated series
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 am 
Site Admin

The Phiend wrote:
The Phiend wrote:
Zanth wrote:
Anyone know when we get the last few eps of this arc?
They're re-running the last few episodes of season 1, ending with the season finale on August 4th. No clue what happens after that.
And for August's schedule, they're transitioning straight into season 2, episodes in order.

If that pattern holds, there should be a new episode on or after September 29th.
Yep, the 29th.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

The Phiend wrote:
The Phiend wrote:
The Phiend wrote:
Zanth wrote:
Anyone know when we get the last few eps of this arc?
They're re-running the last few episodes of season 1, ending with the season finale on August 4th. No clue what happens after that.
And for August's schedule, they're transitioning straight into season 2, episodes in order.

If that pattern holds, there should be a new episode on or after September 29th.
Yep, the 29th.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:14 am 
Site Admin

Well the show is back and it does not disappoint. Don't have time for a "proper" synopsis so a few brief personal notes.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Satisfaction
  • Interestingly, we pick up only a couple of days after Artemis's "death". As such everyone is still in mourning, except for Nightwing and Wally, since they alone know the truth.
  • As expected, the fallout from the great ruse includes pretty much everybody now wanting Kaldur dead. Including Cheshire and Sportsmaster.
  • We also have confirmation that Jason Todd lived, and died, in this continuity.
  • Meanwhile, the original Roy Harper wants revenge on someone else altogether...Lex Luthor. The end results of which are...interesting, to say the least. I wonder if they are setting up what I think they are setting up.
    'Cause that would be insanely cool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:12 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler: "Satisfaction"
Yeah Roy, go ahead and put on that superpowered prosthetic. I'm very sure accepting gifts from Luthor has never backfired before. :roll: And I'm equally certain that he never planned anything way in advance for you. Just don't run around beating people up with a dead cat, okay?

Show a little more pride Roy. You're moving up in the world. This is what you'll be remembered for!

Also, when Captain Cold froze a whole city block to steal a truck full of banknotes.... he had this tiny pickaxe to pick out several metric tons of ice to get to the cash. :lol: What the hell was he hoping to achieve with that puny thing before any heroes showed up?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:50 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Satisfaction
snowman1989 wrote:
Also, when Captain Cold froze a whole city block to steal a truck full of banknotes.... he had this tiny pickaxe to pick out several metric tons of ice to get to the cash. :lol: What the hell was he hoping to achieve with that puny thing before any heroes showed up?
Yeah, the whole thing with Captain Cold seemed kinda pointless. Although knowing this show, I won't be surprised if we find out it was actually part of something much larger.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

Teasers for the next episodes courtesy of The World's Finest.

The World's Finest wrote:
Invasion: 209 - Darkest
Original Airdate - October 6th, 2012
Black Manta has a new mission for his son: a mission that should prove once and for all exactly whose side Aqualad is on!

Invasion: 210 - Before The Dawn
Original Airdate - October 13th, 2012
On a covert mission to rescue some of its own, The Team, Blue Beetle and Miss Martian uncover shocking secrets… and devastating truths!

Invasion: 211 - Cornered
Original Airdate - October 20th, 2012
The Team is trapped inside the Hall of Justice for a cage match against a brutal alien gladiator!

Invasion: 212 - True Colors
Original Airdate - October 27th, 2012
When the REACH forms a devil’s alliance with Lexcorp, Robin leads a squad undercover to investigate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:03 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler: Darkest
Good news for the team: they are closer to finding out who the Light's "partner" is. Aqualad at the end even knows every single ringleader in the Light's uppermost echelon, and passed vital intel to Nightwing on a tiny little flash drive that could signal the turn of the tide.

Bad news: This advancement in their intel has come at a high cost. I'd argue that this could be a pyrrhic victory for Young Justice because not only have Beast Boy, Impulse and Blue Beetle been captured, Mount Justice was also wiped off the map quite literally by the same super bomb that killed all those Kroloteans several episodes back. The explosion very nearly ended up killing Nightwing and completely ruining the plan. Wally understandably is furious at this shitstorm, scared sick for Artemis, and has thrown fresh doubt on Aqualad's loyalty. He points out the very real possibility of him being a "triple agent" because he not only lost the love of his life, but also found out Black Manta was his father all within a very short span of time. Wally having doubts is trouble, but when the doubt spread to Nightwing's face too, that's cause for alarm.

Just when you thought Aqualad's loyalties were clear, now they're suddenly a bit murkier. Just look at how he reacted to the destruction of his old home. Artemis (disguised as Tigress) expressed shock, but Aqualad's steely look didn't even flicker. Is he still the team's mole? The Light's triple agent? Or perhaps even playing both sides for his own independent agenda? Methinks its time for the next episode to give us a little insight into what really happened in the months when Tula died and Aqualad's parentage became clear.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

There's one thing I want to say about the show in general, right now. While the five-year jump at the beginning of season 2 did initially throw me somewhat, I think the direction the show has since been able to take as a result has been worth it many times over. Perhaps more importantly, I absolutely love the expanded cast, all of the new characters have turned out to be incredibly awesome.

Well, all of them except for Lagoon Boy, who is a complete and utter tool. :P But I kind of think he's supposed to be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 am 

CWS wrote:
Well, all of them except for Lagoon Boy, who is a complete and utter tool. :P But I kind of think he's supposed to be.

Really? Noooooooo. I would never have guessed. :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:11 am 
Site Admin

Shit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

CWS wrote:
Yep. Rest of October's preempted.

I was suspicious something like this might happen back when Cartoon Network declared it'd stop sending monthly schedules to consumer websites. I didn't see how that could be advantageous, unless they wanted deniablity for mid-month changes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:06 pm 

Oh come on Cartoon Network! Why do you keep doing nonsense like this to your loyal fans? I don't get it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:52 am 
Site Admin

Cartoon Network announces via Facebook...
Cartoon Network wrote:
Fear not, DC NATION fans! Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice will return in January with new episodes, only on Cartoon Network!

Well that clears everything up. :|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 am 

CWS wrote:
Cartoon Network announces via Facebook...
Cartoon Network wrote:
Fear not, DC NATION fans! Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice will return in January with new episodes, only on Cartoon Network!

Well that clears everything up. :|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I've got personal confirmation from the YJ production staff that the entire DC Nation crew was totally blindsided by this, and even they have still received no explanation as to exactly what happened or why.

Seems the only thing that can really be said with any degree of certainty right now is that Cartoon Network...sucks. They have a history of pulling crap like this, and always with licensed shows (such as Justice League and Teen Titans, to name just two). It's bullshit, and that's all there is to it.

The only good news is that the new YJ episode that was supposed to air this weekend has apparently leaked online. I'm trying to hunt down a torrent as I speak/type.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:07 am 

If you're looking for Young Justice episodes online, I'd check out [link removed]-CWS Latest episode leaked there just recently. I know I shouldn't watch a leaked video from Russia, but at this stage, Cartoon Network can go screw themselves.

Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti, I do apologise. :(

Last edited by CWS on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See forum rules under "Creative Control".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:24 am 

I think shit just got real this episode. :shock: For those of you willing to wait until January or whatever other bullshit arbitrary date CN sets up, don't read the spoilers below.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Before the Dawn
My suspicions have now been confirmed. It is definitely the Reach - the same hostile alien civilisation who made Blue Beetle's Scarab - who are the Light's new partners, stealing people to research and weaponise the metagene found in superheroes, supervillains and everyone in between. Their main strongman is Black Beetle, who is quick to jeopardise the team's efforts to rescue their kidnapped members. And he is a mother*&$%ing badass. :o A team made up of Batgirl, Robin, Bumblebee, Wonder Girl, Superboy, Miss Martian and Lagoon Boy all get beaten within an inch of their lives at the same time! :o Honestly, I'm amazed Wonder Girl especially wasn't a bloodied wreck after the merciless beating.

And Miss Martian and Beast Boy run into Aqualad by accident on the way out of the Reach facility, in itself another OH SHIT! moment. M'ggan invades and lobotomises him before he gets a chance to do anything, and M'ggan learns everything. She has a permanent traumatised look of "oh my God, I've screwed up" for the rest of the episode. :shock:

Quote:
EDIT: Correction; although Stephanie Brown (Spoiler) shows up, she doesn't fight Black Beetle. And Artemis didn't swear, I found that out when I listened to her again more carefully.

Last edited by snowman1989 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
If you're looking for Young Justice episodes online, I'd check out [link removed]-CWS Latest episode leaked there just recently. I know I shouldn't watch a leaked video from Russia, but at this stage, Cartoon Network can go screw themselves.

Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti, I do apologise. :(

I removed the link you posted because, as strongly as I share and sympathize with your frustration, as per the posted forum rules we really don't want people posting specific links to sources like that one on the public forums. It can potentially create legal problems even for a small site like this one, and as such it's not a chance we want to take, especially since I'd like to think we might someday have more than five active members. :?

This particular situation was admittedly a little bit murky since even Cartoon Network employees have been posting links to the episode where it was leaked on iTunes, but it's evidently been taken down since.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:57 am 
Site Admin

I'll let this speak for itself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:15 am 
Site Admin

Well, assuming Cartoon Network doesn't pull the rug out from under us AGAIN, we should finally be getting a new YJ episode this weekend...or, well, a previously unaired episode, anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next