Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice animated series
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:16 am 

They'll go for the episode that was leaked online first. Already saw it, and it was wicked!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Cornered
Rather than a synopsis, a few abbreviated bullet points.
  • Despero is a fucking asshole. And his little robot is more annoying than a Claptrap.
  • Gordon Godfrey and the Reach's "ambassador" are also assholes.
  • M'gann's confrontation with Kaldur seems to have shown her the error of her ways, or at least traumatized her to the point where she's no longer willing to use her telepathic abilities offensively. And at the worst possible time, natch.
  • Static. He's here, but he doesn't know it yet.
  • Mal is a lot smarter than people give him credit for.
  • And finally, Zatanna actually got to do something again. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler: True Colours
1: The Atom and Bumblebee attempt to remove the scarab from Jaime, but its integration into his body is permanent.
2: Glen Beck... I mean, Gordon Godfrey, continues being a hypocritical dick. Though I wonder just how many actually take his words to heart.
3: Sportsmaster is also being an asshole. His revenge and anger serve only his ego; its clear that Artemis was just property in his eyes. When he tries to kill Black Manta to avenge his honour (read: not his daughter) Deathstroke steps in (They actually called him by his working title!). :rbg: With Sportsmaster quitting, Deathstroke is now the Light's enforcer, one who (based on prior reputation in comics) is a far more challenging opponent. Just a bit disappointed Deathstroke didn't say anything this time, but without doubt the creators are basing this Deathstroke on his original comic book interpretation as a gun for hire.
4: The team heads for a farm jointly operated by Lexcorp and the Reach, who are "enriching" the produce with something (we don't know what it is yet). Arsenal then promptly blows the stealth op to hell... literally. :? This in turn attracts Black Beetle who once again proceeds to kick their asses; nice job, hero. :lol:
5: As the team can't shake Black Beetle in a nearby cornfield, they seem doomed, even more so when a second Green Beetle shows up. But Green Beetle (a Martian, suprisingly enough) teams up to knock Black Beetle unconscious to give them time to escape. Green Beetle explains that the Reach plant scarabs on prospective worlds to create sleeper agents to make those worlds easier to conquer when the time is right. He says that his mind control abilities are what is keeping his scarab from taking over (though I have my suspicions), and says to Blue Beetle (fearing for what the future might bring) that there may be another way for him to deal with the scarab.
6: But things are about to get even worse. Black Manta and Vandal Savage have called in Psimon to repair the mental damage Miss Martian inflicted on Aqualad. If he succeeds, Psimon will know EVERYTHING about Aqualad (jeez that's creepy), including his top secret plan to infiltrate the Light. In that event, either the Light will terminate Aqualad, or more likely, Psimon will "reprogramme" Aqualad to become a double agent for the Light.
7: Not only that, but Arsenal's explosion did nothing to stop Lexcorp and the Reach's farming operation. From Lex Luthor and Vandal Savage's conversation, they plan on distributing the products to poor nations first, and that they might have some addictive qualities. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: True Colors
snowman1989 wrote:
2: Glen Beck Piers Morgan... I mean, Gordon Godfrey, continues being a hypocritical dick. Though I wonder just how many actually take his words to heart.
Accurate analogies are funnier. :P Though he does seem to have a much larger audience than Morgan, I'll grant you that.
snowman1989 wrote:
3: Sportsmaster is also being an asshole. His revenge and anger serve only his ego; its clear that Artemis was just property in his eyes. When he tries to kill Black Manta to avenge his honour (read: not his daughter) Deathstroke steps in (They actually called him by his working title!). :rbg: With Sportsmaster quitting, Deathstroke is now the Light's enforcer, one who (based on prior reputation in comics) is a far more challenging opponent. Just a bit disappointed Deathstroke didn't say anything this time, but without doubt the creators are basing this Deathstroke on his original comic book interpretation as a gun for hire.
Yeah, I was grinning from ear to ear to finally see him show up. I did share your disappointment that he had no lines and was only on-screen for about ten seconds, but...it's a start! I can't wait to see what they do with him. I also hope we get to see him reduce Sportsmaster to the total bitch we all know he is. :rbg:
snowman1989 wrote:
4: The team heads for a farm jointly operated by Lexcorp and the Reach, who are "enriching" the produce with something (we don't know what it is yet). Arsenal then promptly blows the stealth op to hell... literally. :? This in turn attracts Black Beetle who once again proceeds to kick their asses; nice job, hero. :lol:
This probably didn't have any real significance in and of itself, but Arsenal's pre-mission whining about the Watchtower got me thinking back on Satisfaction, particularly his confrontation with Luthor at the end.

Lex Luthor is many things, but he is neither a gambler nor a risk-taker. His secret plans have secret plans, and he doesn't play the game without knowing with certainty that he's already won before the first move is made. My point is, when Roy was a button-press away from blowing his arm off and possibly killing him, Luthor was not the slightest bit concerned. He wasn't merely confident, based on his personal analysis of Roy's psyche and motivations, that he could convince him not to press the button (which he did). He knew he wasn't going to press it. But how?

I think the other shoe has yet to drop where Arsenal is concerned. And it's not going to be pretty when it does. In light of all this, I'm really surprised he even wanted to join Young Justice...and I'm even more surprised that they actually let him.
snowman1989 wrote:
6: But things are about to get even worse. Black Manta and Vandal Savage have called in Psimon to repair the mental damage Miss Martian inflicted on Aqualad. If he succeeds, Psimon will know EVERYTHING about Aqualad (jeez that's creepy), including his top secret plan to infiltrate the Light. In that event, either the Light will terminate Aqualad, or more likely, Psimon will "reprogramme" Aqualad to become a double agent for the Light.
Yeah, that's...really not good, either. o_o
snowman1989 wrote:
7: Not only that, but Arsenal's explosion did nothing to stop Lexcorp and the Reach's farming operation. From Lex Luthor and Vandal Savage's conversation, they plan on distributing the products to poor nations first, and that they might have some addictive qualities. :shock:
You forgot to mention that they're also looking to form their own underage black ops strike team. Could it be...? :rbg:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 pm 
Global Moderator

[Reveal] Spoiler: Cornered
CWS wrote:
[*]Static. He's here, but he doesn't know it yet.

This made me so unbelievably sad. I loathe that character so much....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 am 

Got sneak peaks for the next episode courtesy of Comicvine.

DID YOU HEAR THAT PSIMON? ME AND KALDUR ARE DOUBLE AGENTS!

Oh come ON Slade! You could have ended Lagoon Brat right there!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:25 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler: The Fix
1: As stated earlier, Psimon has been called in by Black Manta to cure his son. But seeing as that will mean Psimon would blow their cover, Artemis hits him with a poison dart sending him into a coma that will "last weeks" (good grief, Psimon just can't get a break from this shit :lol: ). Artemis (as Tigress) creatively lies to Black Manta saying that Miss Martian must have laced a "telekinetic virus" in Kal'dur's head, and so the only one who can fix Kal'dur is Miss Martian.
2: "Tigress" is sent with Deathstroke to kidnap M'ggan, and we get to briefly see Slade in action once again. Poor Lagoon Boy never stood a chance against the world's greatest mercenary; he won't be doing missions for a while. :? As for Deathstroke's character, he's a bit different from the Teen Titans portrayal. He looks a bit more laid-back, but oozes professionalism, is every bit as nasty as his older animated counterpart, and apparently he likes to play with his food before eating it. :shock:. The only thing that stopped Slade from filleting Lagoon Boy was the simple fact that he wasn't on his (The Light's) hit-list.
3: Miss Martian is now stuck as a prisoner on Black Manta's ship being forced to fix Kal'dur. To further motivate her, Deathstroke's ship is following Black Manta's out of the reach of her telepathy, and he has his finger on a button that will blow up Miss Martian's power-inhibiting collar (which is on Miss Martian) if he suspects foul play. M'ggan really didn't need the added motivation, seeing as she's distressed enough that she did this to her friend in the first place. She can fix his mind, but warns that the process will take days, perhaps even weeks because his mind is really fucked up. :shock:
4: The Reach now have a commercial selling their new energy drink (and Gordon Godfrey's face has never looked more punchable). But that same drink contains chemicals that, if they are consumed often enough, will suppress people's ability to revolt and fight against the Reach once they launch their invasion. The drink also contains trackers that will ferret out every human on the planet with the metagene, or at least the ones who drink the stuff.
5: After Superboy and Nightwing retrieve Lagoon Boy, Nightwing finally decides to tell them about the secret mission. Superboy and Lagoon Boy are both majorly pissed off. Remember the last season's overarching theme was about secrets and how harmful they could be? Guess not everybody learned that lesson, and once again, everything's going to shit because of it.
6: Blue Beetle is now desperate to prevent his scarab from taking him over and starting the apocalypse, so he gets Green Beetle to hack into the scarab with his telepathy to suppress it. I'm not sure that was a good idea..... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

God damn it.

Jerome K. Moore wrote:
Yes, YOUNG JUSTICE fans, the sad news is now official. This very popular show will -- Reach-- its abrupt and premature end with the conclusion of Season Two. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the reports. Of course, none of us was able to say anything about it since last year. It was a very fun ride. As for the reasons behind the cancellation, I can only say that it was beyond the control of WB Animation, and that the decision was made by the powers at Cartoon Network (bless 'em). On behalf of the producers, and the rest of our dedicated crew at YOUNG JUSTICE, I would like to express our deepest gratitude to all the loyal fans who supported us, who shared the dream with us, and who will continue to love the YOUNG JUSTICE universe, with all its wonderful characters. Thank you, DC Comics! Thank you for the wonderful playground in which to frolic. Thanks to all the great voice actors! Thank you, Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti, Sam Register, David Wilcox, and the rest of our brilliant team. It was-- fun! Who knew we would have so much fun? To all the fans-- enjoy the rest of the season! There's plenty more surprises left in store.

And, finally, I would like to personally thank my friend, Phil Bourassa for the chance to work with him, laughing and learning every step of the way. See you around the neighborhood.

That's all, folks! Take care, and stay "whelmed!" :)

Bitterly disappointing, but in light of CN's behavior in recent months, not at all surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 pm 

CWS wrote:
God damn it.

Jerome K. Moore wrote:
Yes, YOUNG JUSTICE fans, the sad news is now official. This very popular show will -- Reach-- its abrupt and premature end with the conclusion of Season Two. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the reports. Of course, none of us was able to say anything about it since last year. It was a very fun ride. As for the reasons behind the cancellation, I can only say that it was beyond the control of WB Animation, and that the decision was made by the powers at Cartoon Network (bless 'em). On behalf of the producers, and the rest of our dedicated crew at YOUNG JUSTICE, I would like to express our deepest gratitude to all the loyal fans who supported us, who shared the dream with us, and who will continue to love the YOUNG JUSTICE universe, with all its wonderful characters. Thank you, DC Comics! Thank you for the wonderful playground in which to frolic. Thanks to all the great voice actors! Thank you, Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti, Sam Register, David Wilcox, and the rest of our brilliant team. It was-- fun! Who knew we would have so much fun? To all the fans-- enjoy the rest of the season! There's plenty more surprises left in store.

And, finally, I would like to personally thank my friend, Phil Bourassa for the chance to work with him, laughing and learning every step of the way. See you around the neighborhood.

That's all, folks! Take care, and stay "whelmed!" :)

Bitterly disappointing, but in light of CN's behavior in recent months, not at all surprising.

:evil: .....I see. I'm amazed I'm taking this so calmly, but underneath I'm PURE, UNRELENTING RAGE. A lot like Vegeta when he lost his Dragonball.

Why torpedo one of the best shows you've ever had, over and over again, until you've sunk it? WHAT THE HELL CN?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? And the producers of the show? They should be downright livid! I know I would be if I had put all that effort, all that research, all of my creativity into making a show that was the best it could be, and then have corporate meddling wreck it all after just two seasons! I'm sorry, but I cannot be "'whelmed" by this latest injustice. And neither should the brains behind the show. And bless CN?! After all they've done to undermine you? Have you any backbone? FuckSAKES! :evil:

......Maybe I'm being a little unfair. CN did at least give Young Justice a chance, and we're definitely getting a bit over 40 episodes, which is near standard par for the course of most animated shows these days. But shit, this is unfair on everyone, and CN will soon pay dearly for it if it keeps doing this kind of bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 am 
Global Moderator

Between SyFy and CN, its a wonder there's any good shows left on TV.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Why torpedo one of the best shows you've ever had, over and over again, until you've sunk it? WHAT THE HELL CN?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? And the producers of the show? They should be downright livid! I know I would be if I had put all that effort, all that research, all of my creativity into making a show that was the best it could be, and then have corporate meddling wreck it all after just two seasons! I'm sorry, but I cannot be "'whelmed" by this latest injustice. And neither should the brains behind the show. And bless CN?! After all they've done to undermine you? Have you any backbone? FuckSAKES! :evil:

......Maybe I'm being a little unfair. CN did at least give Young Justice a chance, and we're definitely getting a bit over 40 episodes, which is near standard par for the course of most animated shows these days. But shit, this is unfair on everyone, and CN will soon pay dearly for it if it keeps doing this kind of bullshit.
Pretty sure the "bless CN" line was sarcasm, and the fact that they'd say anything of the sort is to me an indication of the staff's frustration over this.

But they (CN) have been doing this shit for years. See: JLU, TT, etc....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 am 
Site Admin

Okay, what gives? I've fallen like five or six episodes behind due to not having a PC for a number of weeks, and I still have yet to catch up. But did everybody else just quit watching this show altogether, in the meantime? o_o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 pm 
Global Moderator

I was wondering why there were no posts about it. I hate the posts that are just a spoiler box anyway, so I didn't bother.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

CWS wrote:
Okay, what gives? I've fallen like five or six episodes behind due to not having a PC for a number of weeks, and I still have yet to catch up. But did everybody else just quit watching this show altogether, in the meantime? o_o
I'm waiting for the season/series to end before I watch any episodes from the current season, myself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:57 pm 

I've been caught up in other comittments, so that's why I haven't updated that much. I suppose I could do a catchup tomorrow after the next episode comes out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:21 pm 
Global Moderator

Does that mean I'm the only one who's actually current on the show? Weird.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:36 am 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Does that mean I'm the only one who's actually current on the show? Weird.

I guess it does! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 am 

:roll: Originally I was going to do the previous five episodes, and I was working on them for over two hours, but the damn website timed out on me. :x So I'm just doing today's episode.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Summit
The Light and the Reach have a meeting on Santa Prisca (seems a very popular place for villains :? ) to discuss how their plans have been flushed down the toilet after recent events. At first, the meeting goes poorly (fair to say the whole meeting goes poorly) and a brief skirmish erupts between Black Beetle and his soldiers against Tigress, Deathstroke and Black Manta before Aqualad points out how stupid it is. Unfortunately, Ra's al Ghul notices Tigress' glamour charm necklace during the fight, and in the middle of the continued talks rips it off of her, exposing her as Artemis. As she was supposed to have been killed by Kal'dur, he is also exposed. But against my expectations, the Light and the Reach were actually taken aback by this revelation; Black Beetle laughs at Black Manta's look of shock that his own son betrayed him. Deathstroke then wastes no time in planting a bullet in both of their hearts, seemingly killing them both. But even then Aqualad is not done burning bridges. He activates a message that goes into great detail over just how hard the Light has screwed the Reach; Vandal Savage admits that he's impressed over how Kal'dur has done more to ruin his plans than anyone in over 50,000 years of his existence. :lol:
At this point the Reach are now absolutely livid, but wait! There's more! :rbg: Turns out Deathstroke didn't kill Aqualad and Artemis, because he was never there; Aqualad took him out with the Team offscreen and took his place. Cheap I know ( :( ), but the show is running low on time. Aqualad and Artemis were playing possum so that they could get Vandal and the Reach ambassador to tell them who had the crystal key, and to reveal the Reach's imperialistic plans for the world. Yet again, the Reach and the Light are floored, and surrounded by the Team, while Aqualad taunts Vandal over how spectacularly the Light has underestimated the "children." In the melee Vandal escapes with Klarion, Black Beetle kills Ra's al Ghul (but Ubu arrives to get him to a Lazarus pit) and takes off with the Reach scientist. But the Team captures the Reach ambassador, the Brain, Mallah and Black Manta, who completely flips his shit over Kal'dur. :shock:
Overall the Team has plenty to be proud of. They've exposed the Reach's machinations to the world (with the UN now rescinding the Reach's invitation to Earth), captured major players in the Light and Reach and have the evidence needed to clear the Justice League's name in their trial on Rimbor. It is also only a matter of time before the Green Lantern Corps arrives to forcibly evict the Reach if they do not leave immediately. But there is also bad news. Vandal Savage and Klarion kick the League off of Warworld and retreat into space, and Black Beetle, now in command of the Reach and seeing Earth as a lost cause, moves to destroy the planet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
:roll: Originally I was going to do the previous five episodes, and I was working on them for over two hours, but the damn website timed out on me. :x
Ouch, I hate it when that happens...that's why it's a good idea, when working on long posts, to copy and paste it into Notepad or something while you go, to make sure you don't lose hours of work. :( A lesson I also learned the hard way.

I'll read/comment on the rest of your post once I've caught up on the episodes I've missed...but that probably won't happen tonight since there's a new episode of Walking Dead on. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:54 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler: Endgame
1:The court on Rimbor declares the Justice League guilty of all charges, just seconds before Adam Strange, Miss Martian and Superboy arrive with the evidence needed to clear them. It takes a hell of a lot of sweet talking to get the corrupt court to drop the charges and release them.

2: The Team quickly storms the Reach capital ship above the UN and confronts Black Beetle. Green Beetle attempts to free Black from the scarab, but it turns out that did jack sh*t since he was a scumbag to begin with, and Black Beetle counters by destroying Green's scarab, turning him back into an ordinary Martian. He nearly succeeds in doing the same thing to Blue Beetle, but the power of friendship (yes, really :lol: ) allows Jaime to ironically use Black's own attack against him, destroying Black's scarab.

3: Blue Beetle then learns that Black Beetle had set up machines across the planet designed to wreck the Earth's magnetic field, and would eventually make everything explode. Lex Luthor then has the gall (considering he helped start this goddamn mess) to offer his assistance to create overrides to shut the machines down. All of them are quickly neutralised by the Team, except for one in the Arctic, which went critical and was in the process of destroying the Earth.

4: Luthor then suggests that Impulse and The Flash use their speed to disperse the power surge (however the hell that's supposed to work?), and are joined by Kid Flash, who succeed. Unfortunately, Wally was just a little too slow, allowing the dispersed energy to strike him and seemingly kill him. Artemis is not taking it well. :(

5: The Justice League returns to Earth at Mount Justice (or, what's left of it). Superman has a look that says: "I made a terrible mistake leaving Earth." :lol: Artemis, meanwhile, is left to break the news to Wally's family. :(

6: The Reach is evicted from Earth on Independence Day (ring any bells?) and are escorted by Earth's Green Lanterns back to Oa to stand trial. The UN Secretary General resigns after the Reach debacle, while Gordon Godfrey keeps his job. Wait, everyone knows he was an avid supporter of the Reach, right? He even starred in that obnoxious commercial and everything? Why does he get to stick around? :? He now touts Lex Luthor as being the only real candidate to become the new UN Secretary General, something that Superman takes exception to. :P Captain Atom also resigns his post as Chairman of the League to Black Canary; she clearly isn't thrilled. And we know from last episode that Nightwing has handed leadership of the Team back to Aqualad, and now says he needs some time alone after losing Wally. Artemis has also ditched her old persona in favour of Tigress to get some distance from Wally's death. Kind of hard to do that when Impulse has taken the role of Kid Flash and is assigned to the same group as her! o_o Static decides to join the team, with Black Lighting offering to mentor him. Arsenal has decided to go solo, and the rest of the Runaways have no interest in being heroes.

7: The Justice League decides that the Team have proven themselves to be their equals, and now share the Watchtower with them. Meanwhile, Vandal Savage takes Warworld to Apokolips, and meets up with the dread lord Darkseid. :shock:

And this is where Young Justice ends. It was fun while it lasted, and I am so not ever forgiving CN for the crap they've done. This is well and truly the last straw. They are like the EA of cable TV. Oh yeah, one last thing:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
It's confirmed that Gordon Godfrey is a New God as he is present on Apokolips when Vandal meets Darkseid. I hope you still have that phone, cause I F*CKING CALLED IT! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next