Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: X-Men: Apocalypse
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:45 pm 
Contributing Staff

So... Olivia Munn has joined the cast, as Psylocke.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:34 am 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:

Ummmmm...yeah, that one, I'm not so sure about. :|

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:37 am 
Global Moderator

She'll look good... but yeah, not confident in her acting ability.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
She'll look good... but yeah, not confident in her acting ability.
Sadly, that's almost certainly the very same reasoning that originally led to the casting of Halle Berry as Storm. :(

But bearing that in mind, Bryan Singer was still able to make three truly spectacular X-Men movies, even with her in the roster.

So, yeah...Psylocke and Jean (and possibly Gambit) might be painful, at best. But the rest of the movie should still be more than worthwhile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
I dunno, I have a hard time picturing anyone else playing Wolverine. Aside form being too tall, he's pretty perfect, imo. I don't really blame him for the Wolverine movies, they weren't his fault...

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with someone else I think would make a better Wolverine than Jackman, and it suddenly hit me: Michael Rooker. o_o

Yes he's also too tall, also not Canadian, and would probably need a body hair transplant from Paul Stanley or something. But personality-wise, he'd be dead on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:22 pm 
Global Moderator

Rooker's voice would drive me absolutely crazy as Wolverine. He's too raspy sounding, Wolverine is supposed to be gruff, not sound like he has emphesema. I like Michael Rooker quite a bit as a whole, but I don't think I'd like his as Wolverine. I also think he's too old(He's 60). He's much older than Jackman. They'd need someone younger, I think. Maybe Karl Urban? He's got the right gruffness to him, and he's a damn good actor. I just can't think of anyone in their 20s or even early 30s that's got that gruffness to them, they're all pretty boys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:41 pm 
Contributing Staff

Phillip Glennister is 53 but I could see him donning the claws for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Rooker's voice would drive me absolutely crazy as Wolverine. He's too raspy sounding, Wolverine is supposed to be gruff, not sound like he has emphesema. I like Michael Rooker quite a bit as a whole, but I don't think I'd like his as Wolverine. I also think he's too old(He's 60). He's much older than Jackman. They'd need someone younger, I think. Maybe Karl Urban? He's got the right gruffness to him, and he's a damn good actor. I just can't think of anyone in their 20s or even early 30s that's got that gruffness to them, they're all pretty boys.
Well yeah, that's just it, Wolverine isn't supposed to be a pretty boy, or young for that matter. He's supposed to be mid-to-late forties, at least. And while Rooker is a bit older, he's still in damn good shape; example: pretty much everything Merle did in TWD Season 3. In fact...now that I think about it, personality-wise, he might even make a better Sabretooth than Wolverine, except he's nowhere near big enough.

Karl Urban? That's an interesting thought, I could maybe see it...he's still 6'1" though.

Now if we were talking strictly voice roles...I'd pick Rooker for Sabretooth, and BSG's Michael Hogan as Wolverine. He's old, he's hard, he's Canadian, and his name even rhymes with his. :lol:
Loki Kola wrote:
Phillip Glennister is 53 but I could see him donning the claws for sure.
Can't say I'm familiar with him...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:21 am 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:
Well yeah, that's just it, Wolverine isn't supposed to be a pretty boy, or young for that matter. He's supposed to be mid-to-late forties, at least. And while Rooker is a bit older, he's still in damn good shape; example: pretty much everything Merle did in TWD Season 3. In fact...now that I think about it, personality-wise, he might even make a better Sabretooth than Wolverine, except he's nowhere near big enough.

Karl Urban? That's an interesting thought, I could maybe see it...he's still 6'1" though.

Now if we were talking strictly voice roles...I'd pick Rooker for Sabretooth, and BSG's Michael Hogan as Wolverine. He's old, he's hard, he's Canadian, and his name even rhymes with his. :lol:

True, I wasn't really looking hard at the 20-somethings(or pretty boys at all, that's just all I kept coming across doing a broad actor search), but I'd more look to the 30-somethings so they could easily play the role for a good while without visibly aging too much. About the only shorter guy that could convincingly do the tough guy act is Jason Statham, but again, he's 47 already, and is still 5'10. Rooker would be a much better Sabertooth, I think you are right there. Much better than Liev Schrieber, anyway. I mean, the guy is a pretty decent actor, but man, terrible casting.

I just took a peek at a few more that I thought might be able to do it, even if they're a bit more on the pretty-boy side(I mean, look at Jackman cleaned up, afterall) and even Chris Pine and Henry Cavil are 6"+. And those two were stretching it, I just know they can act and I've seen them ... scruffed up? Remember when a ton of quality actors were all short? I'm gonna stick with Karl Urban if they should recast. He was an awesome Dredd.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:

True, I wasn't really looking hard at the 20-somethings(or pretty boys at all, that's just all I kept coming across doing a broad actor search), but I'd more look to the 30-somethings so they could easily play the role for a good while without visibly aging too much. About the only shorter guy that could convincingly do the tough guy act is Jason Statham, but again, he's 47 already, and is still 5'10. Rooker would be a much better Sabertooth, I think you are right there. Much better than Liev Schrieber, anyway. I mean, the guy is a pretty decent actor, but man, terrible casting.
Yeah, that was just one of the many, many things wrong with the first Wolverine movie...ugh. The guy they cast in the original X-Men movie looked the part, at least, but as far as acting...actually, wasn't he a pro wrestler or something? I forget.
Zanth wrote:
Remember when a ton of quality actors were all short? I'm gonna stick with Karl Urban if they should recast. He was an awesome Dredd.
Well I guess there's always Tom Cruise, he's pretty short...aaaaaaaaaand now I think I'm going to go shoot myself in the head for even joking about that. Anyway, yeah, I think I agree, Urban would be a pretty good choice otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 pm 
Global Moderator

Yeah, the first Sabertooth was a fairly unknown pro wrestler. And to be fair, some of them are actually pretty good actors. They have to be these days to get anywhere on TV.

Tom Cruise may be batshit crazy, but he's a pretty decent actor overall. Just not for this, lol. You know, as a whole, there aren't any young real actions stars anymore. The Hemsworths are the only ones I can think of that have primarily done action type movies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 pm 
Global Moderator

A friend of mine gave a few interesting thoughts. All guys who are on Arrow right now. Stephen Amell(Oliver Queen), Colton Haynes(Roy Harper) or Manu Bennett(Slade Wilson). Stephen and Colton are pretty young, but they def. are good action guys who actually come off tough. And well, Manu was Slade Wilson, so he's got that down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:35 pm 
Contributing Staff

This is Philip Glennister, playing DCI Gene Hunt (in the suit and tie). If he could get some semblance of the muscle Jackman has, and if can manage a Canadian accent, I think he'd fit well. He's certainly well versed in this "rogue angel" kind of role.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:32 am 
Site Admin

I see the IMDB page for Apocalypse has added Havok to the cast, so I updated the first post to reflect that.

So that's cool. I've always liked Havok, although it's gonna be weird for him and Scott to be in the same movie, but have their ages reversed. o_o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

IGN has posted some photos of several of the new cast members in costume. And at a mall, appropriately enough.

Not gonna lie: I'm kinda diggin' those pigtails. :geek:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:40 am 
Global Moderator

Jubilee looks good. Still not caring for Sophie and Jean.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:38 am 
Contributing Staff

She looks pretty good in character, imo.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:33 am 
Site Admin

Well, for whatever it's worth, I notice one of the commenters said...
ProbablyNotKiera wrote:
For a long time I didn't like Sophie Turner, but it turns out it wasn't her at all. Sansa Stark is just an uppity little bitch. Sophie herself is pretty cool, and she looks great in this.
So...who knows? :|

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:47 am 
Contributing Staff

Sansa is an uppity little bitch. That's where she starts, and her character development involves moving away from that, into... well, I haven't gotten that far, yet. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:48 am 
Global Moderator

Pretty sure Sansa is still an uppity little bitch.

Maybe she'll be good, I don't know. If I expect her to be terrible and then she turns out to be good, it'll be a pleasant surprise.