Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iron Man 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 am 
Contributing Staff

Well, the latest trailer is out.

My jaw, people; kindly supplied by David Sarif. 100% detachable, for jaw dropping moments such as these. So, I see incredibly overt references to the Extremis arc, wherein the Iron Man armour becomes an actually part of Tony Stark's body, and to Rescue, Pepper Pott's Iron Woman persona. Also, the immensely badass Silver Centurion, Iron Patriot, and Hulkbuster armours.

Post subject: Re: Iron Man 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am 
Site Admin

The more I see, the bigger my smile gets.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:31 am 
Contributing Staff

Now starring Pepper Potts as Rescue.

EDIT: Might I mention I am thoroughly impressed with the way this series of films is progressing, and in the way that the cast and universe is painstakingly expanded with every new film.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting. I can't say that trailer impacts my desire to see the movie, which I'm going to regardless. But I wasn't expecting to see her armor up.
Loki Kola wrote:
EDIT: Might I mention I am thoroughly impressed with the way this series of films is progressing, and in the way that the cast and universe is painstakingly expanded with every new film.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I felt about the Young Justice animated series.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 pm 
Contributing Staff

Pepper actually does get her own suit of armour in the comic series. So they've got about three stories included in this film. Mandarin, Extremis, and Rescue. Seeing James Rhodes as Iron Patriot rather than War Machine does get my hopes, up, too, that I will some day see Norman Osborne don that armour to lead the Dark Avengers against Asgard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:03 am 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:
Pepper actually does get her own suit of armour in the comic series. So they've got about three stories included in this film. Mandarin, Extremis, and Rescue. Seeing James Rhodes as Iron Patriot rather than War Machine does get my hopes, up, too, that I will some day see Norman Osborne don that armour to lead the Dark Avengers against Asgard.
While that's all cool, I hope they don't try to cram too much into a single movie. That was the biggest flaw of Spider-Man 3, and one of the strengths of the first Iron Man movie -- that they actually made it a point not to introduce War Machine toward the end.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 am 
Contributing Staff

Well, it's easy, the way I see it. Extremis is the new Iron Man suit, which uses nanotechnology to make Tony a fast-healing supercomputer -- it's a new R&D attempt to recreate the super soldier serum that made Steve Rogers into Captain America. Rescue is when Pepper pops the suit on to save Tony. In the comics, she had her very own (sexist) suit, where in the movie it makes sense that she can take whichever suit Tony has around. Then Mandarin is basically Tony Stark's Lex Luthor or Ra's al Ghul. So if done right (and I can't see it done poorly after the Avengers) it should be a two or so hour film with Mandarin forcing Tony to use Extremis and then Pepper to come to his aid alongside Rhodes, who is now the President's bodyguard as Iron Patriot, I think.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

Well I went to the movie this afternoon and it did kick ass, as expected, though there are a number of surprises (that I'm not going to spoil on day 2 of the movie's theatrical run :P )
Loki Kola wrote:
Well, it's easy, the way I see it. Extremis is the new Iron Man suit, which uses nanotechnology to make Tony a fast-healing supercomputer -- it's a new R&D attempt to recreate the super soldier serum that made Steve Rogers into Captain America. Rescue is when Pepper pops the suit on to save Tony. In the comics, she had her very own (sexist) suit, where in the movie it makes sense that she can take whichever suit Tony has around. Then Mandarin is basically Tony Stark's Lex Luthor or Ra's al Ghul. So if done right (and I can't see it done poorly after the Avengers) it should be a two or so hour film with Mandarin forcing Tony to use Extremis and then Pepper to come to his aid alongside Rhodes, who is now the President's bodyguard as Iron Patriot, I think.
You're pretty much on the money about the Iron Patriot, but the rest...like I said above, I don't want to spoil it, but I will say a couple of things...Extremis does figure very prominently into the movie's plot, in fact it's central to the story here. But in a very different way than what you described above. There are also several very big surprises, and I would even go so far as to say that a lot of what we've seen in the trailers has been deliberate misdirection. For example, several of the Mandarin's most prominent lines in the trailers...are not even in the movie, at all. :| Anyway...I'll hold off on further commentary until I know that others have seen it.

Oh, one last thing. The post-credits cameo appearance was awesome, and not what I expected at all. So stay for that. ;)

Last edited by CWS on Sat May 04, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slight elaboration.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:28 pm 
Global Moderator

I just got back from it, I quite enjoyed it. Far better then 2, imo.