Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Assassin's Creed feat. Michael Fassbender
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:23 pm 
Contributing Staff

holy shit I'm actually impressed

Post subject: Re: Assassin's Creed feat. Michael Fassbender
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Somebody has to say it:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:22 am 

Sumbitch, this looks like it's going to be another trainwreck. Calling it now. :| And what the hell is up with that animus? That giant mechanical arm sticking into your back must be hella uncomfortable.

My inner historian cringes at this movie already. First off, Spanish Inquisition. Disregarding the reality that this was an institution that went on for centuries and possesses a wildly exaggerated reputation, I'm assuming this means this will take place around the 15th Century. If so, then how can Moussa exist? His current bio says he is the descendant of a Caribbean Assassin who uses Vodou poison. It's the 1400s in this movie. Spain doesn't start colonising the Caribbean until the 1490s. Vodou/voodoo only forms in Haiti in the 1700s... 300 years later... in a FRENCH colony.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Well to be fair, it's not like Assassin's Creed has never played it fast and loose with historical details before.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:37 am 
Contributing Staff

The claw looks like it's designed to confine the subject to both the Animus and that room, while allowing the subject freedom of movement while enthralled. This is important, which I will talk about in a moment. Remember. Though, that the Animus itself is essentially just an interface, a computer, and a program. It requires no physical effort from the subject whatsoever: in fact, it is designed with measures that can essentially keep the subject mind disconnected from non-essential bodily function. This is what allows Abstergo to trawl through the memories of the dead -- as Vidic threatens to do to Desmond -- and to prevent their body from reacting, to prevent subjects from harming themselves or others unintentionally.

The claw is additional hardware. My guess? This isn't Desmond Miles. They don't want Bassfender's memories to access the Apple: they're using his memories to train him as a weapon. He could be an Abstergo employee after a memory wipe, with the story here being to put the body/mind into survival mode to enhance the transfer of "instinct"/genetic memory. The claw/harness allows him to move as he runs through the past to build both his physical fitness, and to program the exact muscle memory of Assassin techniques into his body.

So, this isn't Altair: this is Ezio.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:
The claw looks like it's designed to confine the subject to both the Animus and that room, while allowing the subject freedom of movement while enthralled. This is important, which I will talk about in a moment. Remember. Though, that the Animus itself is essentially just an interface, a computer, and a program. It requires no physical effort from the subject whatsoever: in fact, it is designed with measures that can essentially keep the subject mind disconnected from non-essential bodily function. This is what allows Abstergo to trawl through the memories of the dead -- as Vidic threatens to do to Desmond -- and to prevent their body from reacting, to prevent subjects from harming themselves or others unintentionally.

The claw is additional hardware. My guess? This isn't Desmond Miles. They don't want Bassfender's memories to access the Apple: they're using his memories to train him as a weapon. He could be an Abstergo employee after a memory wipe, with the story here being to put the body/mind into survival mode to enhance the transfer of "instinct"/genetic memory. The claw/harness allows him to move as he runs through the past to build both his physical fitness, and to program the exact muscle memory of Assassin techniques into his body.

That's an interesting idea.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:54 am 

CWS wrote:
Loki Kola wrote:

That's an interesting idea.

I'm reminded of how fans created some truly interesting and thought-provoking ideas about the ending of Mass Effect 3. But it didn't change the fact that what the writers and directors did was monumentally stupid and the fans were desperately trying to find some way of retroactively making the ending to one of the greatest game trilogies of all time palatable. :x Sorry for my hard-boiled cynicism, but it's just so hard to feel positive lately. That, and the schlock machine that is the film industry in general doesn't give me a lot of confidence.