Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV series)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
They were the two most logical choices, Abraham for reasons you had mentioned previously, and Glenn because of the comics. I wasn't expecting both going in, but I was not surprised, either

It's not like I'm going to stop watching it. I enjoy it as a whole, just not obsessed with it, so to say. Probably not the proper choice of term, but I'm tired and feel like crap, so my brain is not providing me with a better one, not intending any offense on the level of your fandom.
Well, I freely admit to my obsessions, so no offense taken. :P Wonder why your spoiler tag didn't work though...

Last edited by Zanth on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed my bad spoiler tag >_<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:37 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
They were the two most logical choices, Abraham for reasons you had mentioned previously, and Glenn because of the comics. I wasn't expecting both going in, but I was not surprised, either

It's not like I'm going to stop watching it. I enjoy it as a whole, just not obsessed with it, so to say. Probably not the proper choice of term, but I'm tired and feel like crap, so my brain is not providing me with a better one, not intending any offense on the level of your fandom.
Well, I freely admit to my obsessions, so no offense taken. :P Wonder why your spoiler tag didn't work though...

I fixed it. Forgot the = in the opening tag. I just didn't want it to sound like I was saying in a negative fashion is all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:49 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be
Well, back to the subject at hand...I must point out that this was the first major character death to actually recreate what happened in the comics, verbatim, since the first season. None of the others have lined up that way, at all. So in that sense, it did surprise me.

Or, perhaps I was just hoping so fervently that it wouldn't play out the same way. :cry:

Honestly, and I never thought I would say this, but I actually wish it had been Daryl instead. As much as he has always been one of the most awesome characters on the show, he's also become steadily less and less interesting over the past couple seasons, which is a real shame. Seems to happen all too often when a character becomes too popular... :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

Somebody did this.
[Reveal] Spoiler: An Obituary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Nice:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:55 am 
Site Admin

So I guess I fell waaaay behind on this topic, didn't I? Well, let's fix that.

[Reveal] Spoiler: The Walking Dead: Season Seven
I'm not gonna lie: the first half of Season Seven was not much fun to watch. In fact, much of it was downright painful. Not because the quality of the show was suffering, at all, but because the characters have been.

Season Six ended on a now-infamous cliffhanger with the main characters facing Negan, who was about to make an example of one of them with Lucille. The unlucky recipient ended up being Abraham. Then, as Negan was taunting Rosita afterwards, Daryl jumped up and punched him...which prompted Negan to execute Glenn in what was literally the single most horrifying act of violence I have ever seen on television. All of this was done for the purpose of breaking Rick and convincing him to submit to the Saviors' rule. Which he eventually did, after Negan had made it clear that he would simply continue killing them, one after another, until Rick bowed to his will. Finally, Negan and the Saviors took Daryl with them back to their Sanctuary, while the surviving Alexandrians took Glenn's and Abraham's bodies to the Hilltop, leaving Sasha and Maggie there as Maggie needed medical attention and Hilltop now has the only doctor in the area.

The rest of the season's first half saw Alexandria and its citizens disarmed, tormented and forced to submit to the Saviors' sadistic rule. Hoping to get him to join the Saviors, Negan and Dwight tortured Daryl with dog food sandwiches, the knowledge that he'd indirectly caused Glenn's death, and some exceptionally annoying music. (It didn't work, of course, probably due in no small part to the fact that Daryl is used to eating raw squirrel.) Meanwhile, Morgan and Carol ended up at the Kingdom, where they made a new friend in King Ezekiel. Tara discovered (and was nearly killed by) the Oceanside community, but has so far kept their existence a secret. Heath disappeared, and is now on the new 24 spinoff. Maggie and Sasha adapted to life at the Hilltop, in spite of the constant douchebaggery of Gregory. Enid eventually joined them there. Carl tried to kill Negan, but only succeeded in impressing the hell out of him. Unlike Spencer, who went behind Rick's back to try to cut his own deal with the Saviors, for which Negan gutted him. This led directly to Rosita trying to shoot Negan with a bullet she'd gotten Eugene to make for her, but hitting Lucille instead, which prompted Negan to have Olivia killed and take Eugene hostage. But these events did convince Rick that the situation was untenable, so he and the rest of the main group went to the Hilltop, where they were reunited with Maggie, Sasha, Enid and Daryl, who had escaped from the Sanctuary with the help of Jesus (and, unbeknownst to them, also Dwight). Daryl also gave Rick back his revolver, which he'd retrieved from Fat Joey after beating him to death with a metal pipe.

The second half of Season 7 started tonight, with the show now entering the "March to War" storyline in which Rick attempts to rally the Hilltop and Kingdom into joining Alexandria to fight the Saviors. They've had very limited success so far, with both Gregory and Ezekiel being unwilling to commit to such a course of action, though some of their citizens feel very differently. Finally, after disarming one of the Saviors' highway traps and gaining some valuable explosives in the process, Rick and the others find themselves surrounded by a very heavily-armed fifth faction whose motives and identities have yet to be revealed.

And...that brings us current.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7