Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV series)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:26 pm 
Global Moderator

Even that aside, I think it was a bad episode, aside from about 5 minutes of it, which does not a good episode make.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Even that aside, I think it was a bad episode, aside from about 5 minutes of it, which does not a good episode make.
Well, apparently this episode was the closest adaptation from the comics that they've done to date, so...I guess you'd have to blame Kirkman. :lol: Personally, I liked it. I get why you didn't, or at least I think I do, but I did. (shrug)

I'm expecting to see a lot more people bitching next week, since the next episode looks like it's going to focus heavily (and for the first time, really) on Beth. But I'm actually looking forward to that, because we've hardly seen her do anything up until now.

Then again, some people always find something in this show to bitch about, no matter what, so...

Actually, that brings me to another point. If you absolutely hate a show, but you continue to watch it just so you can complain about it on your blog after each new episode airs...and you do that for four seasons and counting...you're a fucking loser.

I'm not saying anyone here does that, mind you. I'm just saying there are people who do it (see above), and it's completely baffling to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Almost forgot to ask:
[Reveal] Spoiler: The Walking Dead: Season 3
On the Blu-Ray of Season 3, is there a deleted scene from Say the Word with Daryl and Maggie on their foraging run?

And as for tonight.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Inmates
Well, status report time:
  • As we saw last week, Rick, Carl and Michonne are shacked up in an abandoned house somewhere with a whole lot of chocolate pudding.
  • Beth had more lines in the first ten minutes of tonight's episode than she has had in the entire series prior to this. She's in the woods with Daryl, who is reacting to the fall of the prison by becoming a total jerk.
  • Tyreese is in the woods with Judith (called it!), Lizzie, Mika and Carol(!!). Fortunately he does not (yet) know that Carol is a murderer. Unfortunately, none of them know that Lizzie is a rat-, rabbit-, and potentially baby-murdering psycho (did not call that). Now they're on their way to Somewhere Ominous.
  • Maggie and Sasha are in the woods with Bob, who apparently isn't crazy (see above), he's just a loser. Also, Maggie is mad as hell and she's not gonna take it anymore.
  • Everybody on the bus is dead. So is Lilly. But I guess that's to be expected when you sleep with the Governor, sooner or later. Oh well.
  • Glenn was NOT on the bus, he was still at the prison for some reason. Now he's in the woods with Tara, and they've just encountered Abraham Ford, Rosita Espinosa and Eugene Porter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 pm 
Global Moderator

This episode I really enjoyed. If they had split up last week's a little more, gave Michonne more time, and maybe spliced in bits with one more character, I would've enjoyed it far more. And... someone REALLY needs to teach Andrew Lincoln how to hold a gun, lol.

But yeah, there was not a single segment of this episode I did not enjoy watching. So all in all, I really can't complain about one episode I couldn't stand out of 3.5 season's worth. It was just amoplified I think by the fact that we've been waiting since fall for new episodes, then it comes out and you are just disappointed as can be. But hey, glad you could enjoy it man. Diff'rent Strokes and whatnot. And sorry I'm not getting into more detail, too lazy you use spoiler tags right now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
And... someone REALLY needs to teach Andrew Lincoln how to hold a gun, lol.
Especially since Rick carries the biggest revolver I've ever seen outside of a Dirty Harry movie. :lol:

It definitely is a relief to now know the current status of everyone, after the most recent episode, I'll admit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:52 pm 
Global Moderator

I've gotta think that would hurt a bit if you fired while holding it like that...

Attachments:
rick-grimes-holding-gun.jpg
rick-grimes-holding-gun.jpg [ 141.73 KiB | Viewed 3478 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:15 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Claimed
Carl and Michonne go on a supply run, leaving Rick to "entertain" some uninvited "guests". By "guests" I mean a marauding gang of violent drifters, and by "entertain" I mean "try not to get killed by". Michonne also does two things we've never seen her do before: 1) she changes clothes, and 2) she tells Carl about her past, specifically, that she had a three-year-old son named Andre. Aww.

Meanwhile, Glenn and Tara find themselves in the back of a truck driven by the cheerful Sergeant Abraham Ford, his ridiculously hot girlfriend Rosita Espinosa, and Dr. Eugene Porter, the Mullet Messiah a scientist who claims to know the reason the dead are coming back to life(!!!!!). They're on a mission from God to save the world, and Abraham wants Glenn and Tara to join their mullitia (I couldn't resist) and come with them to Washington, D.C. Glenn's response, of course, is "screw the world, I need to go find Maggie". Can't really say that I blame him.

In the end, it seems that all roads are eventually leading to Terminus, which promises "sanctuary for all, community for all". I'm sure nothing bad can possibly come of that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:22 am 
Global Moderator

This was a good episode all in all. Despite being Carl heavy, it didn't make me want to end him more than I all ready do. I'm really starting to like Tara tho.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 am 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
This was a good episode all in all. Despite being Carl heavy, it didn't make me want to end him more than I all ready do. I'm really starting to like Tara tho.
Yeah, I'm actually surprised at how quickly I find myself warming to her, because she really kinda grated on me prior to the mid-season break.

As for Carl, I'm sure I've probably said this before, but just for the record: I totally agree that he was highly annoying in the first two seasons. But from Season 3 on, I think he's been awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:13 pm 
Global Moderator

Carl has improved, for sure. But that first episode after the break dropped him right back down again.

I actually liked Tara before the break, her sister(wait... it wasn't her sister, was it? Lover? Cousin? I forget.) annoyed the piss out of me, but I think she was supposed to. I always felt she was actually grounded and truly wanted to be a good person and do the right thing, but she went along with everything so her sister? wouldn't think badly of her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Carl has improved, for sure. But that first episode after the break dropped him right back down again.

I actually liked Tara before the break, her sister(wait... it wasn't her sister, was it? Lover? Cousin? I forget.) annoyed the piss out of me, but I think she was supposed to. I always felt she was actually grounded and truly wanted to be a good person and do the right thing, but she went along with everything so her sister? wouldn't think badly of her.
Yes, Lilly was Tara's older sister, which made Meghan her niece. The old guy in the apartment with them, with the oxygen tanks, was their father. And as for Lilly, well...
[Reveal] Spoiler: Live Bait
For me, at least, it wasn't just the fact that she had sex with the Governor. It was the fact that she had sex with the Governor in the back of a panel van WITH HER DAUGHTER AND SISTER SLEEPING SIX INCHES AWAY.

Seriously, that was one of the most messed up things I've seen anyone do on this show so far.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:06 pm 
Global Moderator

Crap, I've got something mixed up. Lilly isn't who I'm thinking of. I need to rewatch one of those episodes to straighten my brain out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Crap, I've got something mixed up. Lilly isn't who I'm thinking of. I need to rewatch one of those episodes to straighten my brain out.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Too Far Gone
Oh, was it Alisha? The military chick who got her brains blown out by Lizzie, when she had Tyreese pinned down at the prison? If so, yeah, she was Tara's girlfriend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:43 pm 
Global Moderator

Yes, her, that's who I was thinking of that just annoyed the piss out of me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:33 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Still
Tired of hiding in car trunks and eating snake jerky in the woods with Daryl, Beth decides that she wants to get good and drunk. This leads the two of them on an ill-conceived but eventually very illuminating quest for alcohol, which starts at an upscale golf house and ends in a backwoods moonshine shack.

I really enjoyed this episode. It was almost entirely character exploration, but that's okay, because there hasn't been very much of that in this show before now. Beth has been probably the single least-developed character in the entire cast for the past three seasons, and I really like that we're finally getting a chance to get to "know" her better. And Daryl eventually makes some really eye-opening admissions which explain his behavior since the prison fell; he feels that he's failed everyone he ever cared about, and he blames himself for the Governor's attack (the way Carl blamed Rick), and is deeply ashamed. He also answers the question several of the "newbies" had been speculating about throughout the current season and confesses that before the turn, he was basically just a loser who followed his brother around, doing whatever he was told. They each grieve their losses (and Hershel) in their own way, before resolving to move forward and leave the past behind.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:18 pm 
Global Moderator

This really was a good episode. Finally some insight to characters we've never known much about. I like how they're doing these episodes as a whole. Shame there's really only a few more before break again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:47 am 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
This really was a good episode. Finally some insight to characters we've never known much about. I like how they're doing these episodes as a whole. Shame there's really only a few more before break again.
Four more, to be exact. And thinking about that, I'm starting to get a little bit nervous as to what's likely to happen in those last four...

EDIT:

Last edited by CWS on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMC video link added.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

There's a continuity matter which is not of huge importance, but has sort of been bugging me, and I thought I'd air it because why not.

The cast and crew have been saying that as of the start of Season 4, they are now "a year and a half" into the zombie apocalypse. But by my reckoning, that estimate is way off, for reasons I'll outline below.

From the point when Rick awakens from his coma to the destruction of the CDC, the entire first season takes place within the span of one week. And it is clearly at the height of summer.

Season 2 picks up one day after the end of Season 1. They reach the farm the day after that, and are there for several months; it's nearly winter by the end of Season 2.

It's stated toward the beginning of Season 3 that "seven months" have passed since the end of Season 2, and it is now the following summer. And judging by the shift in everyone's attire, it's mid-fall or early winter at the end of Season 3.

Season 4 is where things get a little bit confused, it's been stated that there has been another span of "several months" since the end of Season 3, but it's much less specific. It is clearly not summer at the start of Season 4, since people are often seen wearing jackets...so it's either very early spring or, more likely I think, early fall.

So...that seems to suggest that they're now at least two and a half years into the apocalypse. o_o

Not sure exactly why stuff like this stands out to me, but...yeah.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:42 pm 
Global Moderator

Also, someone has been mowing all the lawns.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:05 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Alone
So now the Internet is predictably freaking out over Daryl and Beth's "moment" in the mortuary. I haven't yet seen anyone screaming "SHE STEPPED IN THAT BEAR TRAP ON PURPOSE", but I'm sure they're out there.

On a related note, I find this funny for some reason.

By comparison, nobody cares about Bob and Sasha. Oh, and Sonequa Martin-Green says that Sasha was a firefighter before the apocalypse, which is probably THE very last thing I would ever have guessed.

The Kill of the Episode was Maggie with the No Parking sign, hands down.

And yeah, Joe and his boys are the same gang that moved in on Rick. So, that's...very bad news.

Speaking of Rick, neither he nor Carl have been in either of the last two episodes, at all. I think that's a series record so far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next