Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV series)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

Well, Jesus, that was brutal. Even for this show. o_o

[Reveal] Spoiler: Spend
So the group has spent the past two episodes awkwardly trying to integrate themselves into the new community of Alexandria. The town's leader (and former Congresswoman), Deanna Monroe, has appointed Rick and Michonne to be the community's official constabulary. Sasha has volunteered to be the full-time lookout/sniper, Aaron has recruited Daryl to help him recruit others, and everyone else has been given a new job of some sort. In light of their past experiences with Woodbury, Terminus, and everything else in between, they all remain wary, of course; particularly Rick and Carol. But, they have also resolved to try and make this place work. The biggest challenge so far, somewhat ironically, has been how inexperienced and ill-equipped the "more civilized" citizens of Alexandria are to deal with the world outside their walls.

Although it hasn't really been addressed directly yet, I think it's worth pondering exactly why such a pristine and seemingly secure community would have specifically and deliberately reached out to a band of people who were literally eating worms and cooking dog meat by the side of the road the day before.

Anyway, now Daryl has a new motorcycle (but it's not as nice as Merle's was), Gabriel has a new church (and it looks like now he's starting to lose his shit), Abraham is on the construction crew, and Glenn is in charge of supply runs again, after Deanna's son Aidan proved he didn't have what it took. So Glenn, Noah, Tara, Eugene, Aidan and Nicholas make a run to an electronics warehouse to scavenge some parts for Alexandria's power grid, and, well...suffice to say, things go very, very, very badly. How badly? Well, badly enough that Tara ends up unconscious with a very severe head injury, and Aidan and Noah are both killed in two of the most horrific on-screen deaths of the entire series thus far. Meanwhile, some personal heroics (and Tobin's subsequent resignation) lands Abraham in charge of the construction crew, and Carol learns that Jessie's husband and Sam's father, Pete (who's also the town surgeon) is not just an annoying drunk, but he's also an abusive asshole. She brings this information to Rick and advises him to take a capital approach, while at the same time Gabriel goes to Deanna and does his level best to completely sell out the people who saved his life and brought him to this place. Which Maggie overhears him doing.

Two episodes left to go before Season 5 wraps, and I've read that the season finale, Conquer, is going to be run 90 minutes. And it seems there's now quite a powder keg primed to blow...and that's just inside the walls of Alexandria, without even touching on what might be lurking outside, in the larger world beyond.
And on that last note...remember:
[Reveal] Spoiler: What Happened and What's Going On
WOLVES NOT FAR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:41 am 
Site Admin

A couple of additional footnotes of interest to me, myself and I. And possibly to anyone else who may or may not be reading this, but I can only speculate on that front.

[Reveal] Spoiler: The Walking Dead: Comics vs. TV Series
As I've mentioned numerous times, while the TV series is following the general flow of the comics' overall plot, there are also many significant differences between the two; most of the TV characters are drastically different from their comic book counterparts, for example, and there are numerous other additions and omissions.

One particular plot element from the comics which the TV series has omitted was that, after the fall of the prison, Maggie unsuccessfully attempted to hang herself in the woods. I've seen people complain about the fact that the TV series left that out, but personally, I'm glad they did, because it would have been wildly out of character for Maggie on the show. Particularly after her explosive confrontation with Beth in Season 2 over the very question of suicide.

Personal note: I've liked Maggie and Beth more than Lori and Andrea since before Beth even had any lines. :P

That reminds me...interestingly, in the TV series, right now Sasha is filling the role that Andrea played during the post-prison events in the comics, both in the Hunters storyline and continuing on into Alexandria.

For the record, the (current) TV characters who are the closest to their comic book "selves" are probably Michonne, Abraham, and Gabriel. Eugene would have been also, up until last week, but I don't think he ever had a moment of genuine heroism like that in the comics.

EDIT: Almost forgot, here's a map of Alexandria.

Last edited by CWS on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geography

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:05 am 
Site Admin

To summarize last night's episode...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Try

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:51 am 
Site Admin

I forgot to mention that one of the walkers in "Spend", the one that was killed by Carl and Rick at the shack outside of Alexandria, was portrayed by Scott Ian of Anthrax. 8-)

Also, there is what appears to be a very detailed tracker of the show's timeline, here. Needless to say it is full of spoilers, and I also have not yet gone through it to see if I need to fix any inaccuracies. :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:55 am 
Site Admin

Well, I'm a couple weeks behind, but I guess I'd better comment on the Season 5 finale, huh?
[Reveal] Spoiler: Conquer
In the forest, somewhere, Morgan is approached by two of the Wolves. Aside from being clearly insane, the Wolves are evidently a particularly vicious band of scavengers/bandits who write the letter "W" on their own foreheads with a Sharpie pen, in addition to apparently carving it into the foreheads of their victims, and judging by what we've seen throughout the latter half of Season 5, they've been doing it a lot. Anyway, after a brief and rather bizarre conversation, the Wolves attack. And Morgan, using only his walking stick, beats both of them unconscious without even looking at them. Wherever he's been and whatever he's been doing, Morgan has obviously gained about fifty levels in stick-fighting. He doesn't kill the Wolves, however, he just leaves them stacked in the back seat of an abandoned car.

In Alexandria, Rick wakes up to find himself in a house, having been knocked out by Michonne at the end of the previous episode when he pulled his stolen gun on half the town, after he and Pete beat the living hell out of each other in the street in front of the Andersons' house. Michonne, Glenn, Abraham and Carol visit him and tell him that Deanna's planning to hold a town meeting that night to decide whether or not to kick Rick out of Alexandria. They reluctantly discuss a potential plan to take control of the town during the meeting, if necessary. Carol throws Rick under the bus in front of Glenn, Michonne and Abraham, but later, she privately visits him again and tells him that this could still work to their advantage since no one else knows she and Daryl still have their stolen guns. She also gives Rick another stolen gun. Rick says he's tired of lying, particularly to members of their own group, for which Carol mocks him.

Meanwhile, Maggie meets with Deanna to discuss the upcoming meeting and vouch for Rick. As she leaves, Deanna's husband, Reg, privately tells Maggie that he plans to argue against exiling Rick at the meeting. Later, Maggie tells Glenn what she's learned so far, and that she intends to plead their case directly to as many of the townspeople as she can before the meeting. After she leaves to do that, Glenn notices Nicholas climbing over the wall, and follows him to investigate.

Some fifty miles away, Aaron and Daryl are tracking a man wearing a red poncho through the woods, but eventually lose his trail. However, they come across a food processing plant with what appear to be several fully-loaded trucks parked outside, which Aaron judges to be too good an opportunity to pass up. After taking out a few walkers milling around in the parking lot, they make their way to the trucks and open one, triggering a mechanism which causes all the trucks to open simultaneously and release dozens of "W"-marked walkers: an elaborate trap set by the Wolves. Daryl and Aaron are forced to take shelter inside a small car, but find themselves completely surrounded. They eventually decide they're going to have to try fighting their way out, though the odds of them both surviving are practically zero, but they are unexpectedly rescued -- by Morgan(!!!!!).

Carol pays a visit to Pete, who has now been assigned to a separate house since everyone found out he was beating his wife. She reminds him about his medical responsibilities to Tara, who is still unconscious, and in a truly surreal scene, Carol threatens to kill him and get away with it if he doesn't straighten up. He does not exactly get the message.

Glenn follows Nicholas out into the woods, only to be shot by him. Fortunately, Nicholas is not a very good shot and hits Glenn in the shoulder, which enables him to escape. The two begin hunting each other through the woods.

Rick visits Jessie to make sure she's okay. His presence makes her uncomfortable, but she also admits that he was right. Pete, who is already seething, witnesses their brief conversation from his window across the street.

Abraham goes to visit Tara, who is still out cold, and unexpectedly finds Eugene there. With some minor "intervention" by Rosita, the two men speak for the first time since Abraham nearly killed Eugene. Eugene thanks Abraham for bringing him here and apologizes for his lie, and Abraham apologizes for hitting Eugene with three haymakers upon the revelation of said lie. Warm fuzziness abounds, or something. (Tara eventually wakes up later that night.)

In the woods, Nicholas encounters some walkers and shoots them, revealing his location to Glenn, who immediately darts in and starts pounding the crap out of him. The fight quickly escalates and soon draws the attention of more walkers, at which point Nicholas characteristically flees and leaves Glenn fighting for his life.

Gabriel leaves Alexandria, unarmed, to "go for a walk". He eventually finds a walker eating a man out on the road, and draws the walker's attention, hoping it will kill him and saying "I'm ready". When it lunges toward him, however, Gabriel's survival instinct kicks in and he instead kills the walker and the man it had been eating. He returns to Alexandria, even more filled with self-loathing than he was before, and leaves the gate ajar.

By this time it's evening, and growing dark. As the town prepares for the big meeting, Rick comes clean with Michonne about the stolen guns, and tries to hand his over to her. She insists that he keep it, and affirms that she's with him, no matter what happens. After she leaves, Rick looks out a window and notices, to his horror, that the gate is open. He rushes out to close it and, finding a trail of congealed blood leading into the town, follows it.

Gabriel returns to his church, and finds Sasha waiting for him. She confesses that she's becoming suicidal, and asks for his help. Instead, he tries to goad her into killing him.

It's now dark, and Deanna decides to start the meeting. Maggie asks her to wait for Glenn and Rick to show up, but Deanna is insistent. She announces that they're going to discuss Rick, what he did, what he said, and what to do about it. Rick, meanwhile, is busy hunting down several walkers that wandered into Alexandria while the gate was open.

In the woods, Glenn, having survived the walkers even with a gunshot wound, gets the drop on Nicholas and decisively kicks his ass. Taking the gun away, Glenn presses it to Nicholas's forehead and nearly executes him. He ultimately finds that he's unwilling to cross that line, and decides to drag his sorry ass back to Alexandria, instead.

Miles away at the food processing plant, meanwhile, the two Wolves who attacked Morgan execute the man Daryl and Aaron had been tracking, and reset their trap. One of them finds the backpack Aaron dropped during their escape, which contains photos of Alexandria.

At the town meeting, several members of the group, most notably Michonne, Carol, Abraham and Maggie, speak on Rick's behalf. Deanna, in turn, reveals what Gabriel told her when he came to her house to warn her about Rick and his people, and she argues that Rick's actions have proven Gabriel right. Jessie points out that Gabriel isn't present, casting doubt on Deanna's account of their conversation.

Maggie leaves the meeting to go find Gabriel. Going to his church, she finds him on the floor with Sasha standing over him, rifle at the ready, preparing to shoot him. Maggie quickly realizes what's really happening, and stops Sasha. Gabriel miserably wails that she should let Sasha kill him; he feels it's what he deserves, since his congregation died because of him. "They did," Maggie agrees, but instead offers Gabriel her hand. She then leads him and Sasha in prayer.

Rick interrupts the town meeting by throwing one of the walkers he's killed down on the ground right in the middle of everyone. He points out that it got in on its own, and that threats from outside the walls -- both the dead and the living -- will always find a way inside, and the Alexandrians need to be prepared when it happens. Rick admits that he was considering taking control of the town by force and even killing some of its residents in order to save the rest, but that he now believes they can all survive together, that the people can change, and he declares that he will help them and teach them how to.

At that point Pete barges into the meeting brandishing Michonne's sword and yelling at Rick. Rick reaches for his gun but Carol stops him, telling him to wait. Reg tries to reason with Pete, who is in a drunken rage, but Pete angrily shoves Reg away, accidentally slitting his throat in the process. Abraham tackles Pete to the ground as Reg quickly bleeds out in his wife's arms, with Deanna screaming in anguish.

After Reg dies, Deanna grimly looks up at Rick and says "Rick...do it." Without hesitation, Rick shoots Pete in the head...to the astonishment of Daryl, Aaron, and Morgan, who have just returned.

I have a number of things I want to comment on, but this post is already too long as-is, so I'll have to get back to it later. In the meantime, anyone else is welcome to weigh in... (notsosubtlehint)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:45 am 
Site Admin

I meant to post this right after the new trailers were released at Comic-Con, but...I got distracted and forgot about it. Seems to be a distressing pattern of late... :oops:

Also, I have to say I'm surprised/disappointed that no one even bothered to point out the fact that my biggest Season 5 prediction turned out to be completely wrong. I thought somebody would have the good manners to at least point and laugh, or something. :|

Since my previously estimated timeline was obviously way off, I've since taken a much closer look at the comics and will now update my speculations accordingly.
[Reveal] Spoiler: The Walking Dead: comics recap
Alright. In the comics, when Rick executed Pete, the sound of the gunshot attracted the attention of a small group of scavengers who were "not far" from Alexandria. (Because of this specific wording, many people believe this is who the Wolves, in the TV series, will turn out to be.) A short time later, the scavengers mounted an unsuccessful attack on Alexandria and were all swiftly killed. The sound of the battle, however, also drew an enormous herd of walkers to Alexandria (much larger than the herd which overran the Greene farm at the end of Season 2). The herd managed to breach the wall around the community and many people were killed in the ensuing chaos, and one of the main characters was also very severely injured and permanently disfigured. Abraham and Rick rallied the survivors and, eventually, they managed to wipe out all of the walkers.

Douglas Monroe (Deanna's counterpart in the comics) was among those killed by the herd, which left Rick in charge of Alexandria by default. He, Abraham, Michonne, Glenn, Eugene, Aaron, Heath and others took steps to begin rebuilding the community and even expanding it, and also began fortifying it to be more easily defensible and self-sustaining. Aaron also decided to stop recruiting new people because it was becoming too dangerous. The "new order" of things did not go altogether smoothly, with Nicholas and a small handful of others briefly attempting to start an insurrection against Rick and his people, but they quickly gave up and backed down when they realized they didn't stand a chance against them in a real fight. Somewhat to the rebels' own surprise, the conflict was resolved without anyone else being killed.

By this time, after withstanding the walkers' siege, Alexandria's food and medical supplies were running dangerously short, so a large foraging party went out to search the surrounding area. During the supply run, they encountered a scout from another community of survivors. Subsequent events led the Alexandrians into a much larger world, as they discovered that there were, in fact, three other survivor communities in the general area:

1: The Hilltop, which, like Alexandria, was a walled-off colony except that, as its name suggests, it was built atop a hill. It was also over twice the size of Woodbury, with 200+ residents(!). The Hilltop's main defenses were the combination of its location and its walls; its inhabitants weren't very well-armed or adept fighters, except for their one scout, who was basically a fucking ninja (and I'm not really exaggerating). Their leader, Gregory, was also kind of an extremely self-serving douchebag who would probably trade his own mother for a ham sandwich or something.

2: The Kingdom, actually a fortified high school on the outskirts of D.C. and a larger community than Alexandria, but smaller than the Hilltop. Their leader (and self-declared King) was an eccentric-but-not-totally-disagreeable chap called Ezekiel, who had a pet tiger. Nope, not kidding about that, either.

3: The Sanctuary, a very large and heavily fortified factory inhabited by a small army of violent psychos called the Saviors, and their brutal leader, Negan.

Rick and the others quickly learned that the Hilltop and the Kingdom had a grudging agreement with the Saviors, based on Negan's singular rule (that rule being, "Give me half your shit or I will fucking kill you"), under which they more or less co-existed in an uneasy "peace". Since Alexandria was desperately in need of supplies, but had little to trade except for their strength and combat experience, Rick -- in an act of fatal overconfidence -- proposed to Gregory that his group would get rid of Negan for them. Gregory happily accepted the offer.

On their way back to Alexandria, they encountered a small group of Negan's scouts, whose "greeting" to them took the form of threats and demands for tribute. In response, Rick's group killed all but one of them, and told the lone survivor to report to Negan that his reign was over, that the Hilltop would now be under the protection of Alexandria, and that they would now be expecting to receive half of his supplies.

Eugene figured out how to manufacture ammunition. A short time later, a foraging party from Alexandria was ambushed by Saviors and a major character was killed. The Saviors then attacked Alexandria, but were repelled. However, some of the town's residents became frightened and decided to move to the Hilltop. So Rick, Michonne, Carl, Heath and others set out to escort their friends to their new home.

On the road, they were ambushed by about fifty Saviors, led by Negan himself, who proceeded to savagely murder one of the main characters in retribution for what Rick had done to his men.

This, not surprisingly, eventually led to a storyline entitled "All Out War". So...that's what's on the horizon.

Now then. Although they were released over a month ago, here are those two trailers that debuted at Comic-Con. First, the Season 6 trailer:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Trailer analysis
So in this trailer we are definitely seeing two upcoming plot elements from the comics, for certain: the walker herd attacking Alexandria, and the malcontents' insurrection. Several of Rick's lines toward the end are direct quotes from that scene in the comics. The trailer also gives the impression that Morgan may get involved in the insurrection, and while possible, the way the trailer is cut together makes me suspect that aspect of it to be deliberately misleading (something they've done before, after all). We also see Heath, who is a major character in the comics, making his TV series debut here as well. So I think we're likely going to see the herd and the insurrection in the first half of Season 6, and probably the introduction of the Hilltop later on. Of course, it's still an open question what role the Wolves are going to play in all of this. As I mentioned above, many people think they are the TV show's equivalent of the D.C. scavengers, but I think they appear to be a part of something much, much bigger. Not only because their presence was foreshadowed throughout the second half of Season 5, but because there is no way in hell that those two guys we saw in the last episode, with their empty handgun, were responsible for creating dozens upon dozens of "W"-marked corpses, and across an area spanning at least a hundred miles.

And the first official trailer for the "companion series", Fear The Walking Dead, which looks a lot more interesting than I was expecting it to:

This show is going to be exploring the very beginning of the outbreak, which is something that has never been depicted before; not even in the comics. So that, in itself, is quite interesting.

I have some additional thoughts on the comics continuity vs. the TV continuity, and the inevitable complaints many comic fans have about the latter, but I'll save that for later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:06 am 
Site Admin

So, I (along with 10.13 million other people :shock: ) checked out the premiere of Fear The Walking Dead on Sunday night, and got pretty much exactly what I was expecting: an interesting way to pass the time until the "main" show returns for its sixth season in October. I'll watch it, I'll probably even pick up the Blu-Rays, just for the sake of completion, and I had no expectation of it living up to its predecessor. Having said that, there were several exceptionally well-executed scenes, particularly the show's opening segment, but the show's biggest failing is simply that none of the main characters are particularly interesting, compelling or sympathetic (which is somewhat ironic, since that is TWD's greatest strength). There's the bitchy high-school teacher/mom who reminds me of Andrea in all the worst ways. There's her live-in boyfriend, who also has a separate family of his own, which he's apparently abandoned but is still in contact with because he feels guilty or something. Their teenage son (from the mother's previous marriage I guess?) is a completely unrepentant heroin junkie. Their teenage daughter (also on the mother's side) is a preppie snob. And...that's mainly who we've been introduced to thus far.

But man, they really nailed the hell out of that opening scene.

Speaking of Walking Dead's sixth season, there is a new trailer which is honestly one of the absolute best promo spots I've ever seen for anything, and I'm not just saying that because I'm an obsessed TWD junkie.

Seriously, that is just fucking COOL.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:24 am 
Site Admin

I posted the following comments in reply to an article about Fear The Walking Dead this morning.
I wrote:
I am a rabid Walking Dead fan, but so far, "Fear" has totally failed to hold my interest. And this article pretty much details exactly why. The characters, to put it bluntly, are pathetic. And it's something that's particularly noticeable because the entire focus of The Walking Dead, and its greatest strength, IS its characters.

But perhaps this is the point. Because, with the sole exception of Daniel Salazar, who seems to be the only character in the cast of "Fear" who has any comprehension of reality, these are clearly, obviously, NOT the people who "make it". They cling to their petty, trite BS in a way that's almost hilarious, knowing what their world will look like in less than two years. Looking back at them from behind the walls of Alexandria, as TWD enters its sixth season...there is simply no way any of these people are still alive by that point, unless it's by a combination of sheer luck and divine intervention.

Also, the main show should seriously start using that "shadows" trailer as the opening title sequence from Season 6 on. I doubt they will, but they should.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:45 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Season 6: The Jesus
New casting revelations strongly indicate that the existence of the Hilltop Colony will be revealed in the first half of Season 6, as the casting of its most famous inhabitant has been confirmed.

This supports my speculations about the season's overall timeline, at least so far. So I'm going to state, for the record, that my earlier predictions about the end of Season 5 will instead play out in the latter half of Season 6...I was just a season early, was all. :oops:

Hell, I'll even take bets on it, if for no other reason than that I'm getting tired of just talking to myself in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:46 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Season 6: and Lucille
This pretty much confirms my prediction about Negan being introduced at the end of Season 6. Yes, it's the same prediction I made prematurely last season, but in my defense, they did explicitly foreshadow his introduction no fewer than three times during Season 5.

But the point is: now there's confirmation. Yes I know they have that character listed as "Orin", but they often use false names for these casting calls to keep the fans guessing. The description there, however, is 100% Negan:

The Walking Dead Wiki wrote:
Orin is a new character being introduced in the sixteenth episode of Season 6 of AMC's "The Walking Dead".

He is described as being a "A physically imposing, charismatic, brutal, smart, ferocious, frightening, hilarious, inappropriate, oddly friendly, fun loving sociopath that is both a leader of men and a killer of men. He has both a practical and emotional intelligence, he's a brilliant strategist, he's pure, dangerous, murderous, often gleeful, that still has both discipline and a code. And he has a temper that can vaporize people. He's truly one of the strongest personalities ever."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:53 am 
Site Admin

So Season 6 kicked off last night with a truly epic 90-minute opener, and, well...for those who've complained that there were "too few walkers" in previous seasons (personally I can't relate to such a complaint, but I've certainly heard them)...there were over 1,000 in this one episode, alone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

.........................................Shit.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There's your first non-spoiler comment for tonight. More specific stuff later, whether you care or not.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:12 am 
Site Admin

First: Okay what gives, I seriously doubt I am the only person still watching this.

Now, some very abbreviated recaps of the first three episodes of Season 6...

[Reveal] Spoiler: First Time Again
Morgan and Rick are finally reunited and faced with the prospect of now having to get to know each other "for the first time, again" (hence the episode title). But before they've had much time to do that, they discover a mega-Herd of over a thousand walkers dangerously close to Alexandria, necessitating an ambitious plan to draw them away from the community. Needless to say, this is easier said than done.

[Reveal] Spoiler: JSS
While Rick and most of the group's "heavy hitters" are off dealing with the mega-herd, the Wolves attack Alexandria and violently butcher a number of citizens in the streets. In response, Carol murders the hell out of most of them (as do Carl and Maggie and Rosita and Aaron, but really it's mostly Carol). The Wolves also crash a large truck into the ruined church/watchtower outside the community's walls, and the blaring horn draws at least half of the mega-herd toward Alexandria. Morgan also returns to help defend the community, but he doesn't kill anyone and convinces the last few Wolves to flee instead.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Thank You
NOOOOOOOOOOOO OH GOD PLEASE WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 pm 
Global Moderator

Ok, ok, I give.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Ep 3
I don't think Glen is dead. If you notice, when they fall off the dumpster, Nicolas falls on TOP of Glen. Also, I'm pretty sure no one has intestines in their chest, as the filming angle sugested. With that much blood and guts pouring out, there's no way he'd still be conscious enough to be screaming. I know TV isn't always very accurate, but I'm pretty sure they'd not overlook that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Thank you! (Like, y'know, the title...um...yeah :) :| :? )
[Reveal] Spoiler: The Mortality Debate
There's definitely been a huge debate roiling across the 'web ever since Sunday night, for a variety of reasons...which is not surprising given how horribly it would suck for Glenn to have gone out that way. And the argument that Nicholas fell on top of him, and that it was therefore him that was being eaten by the herd, has been the most persistent.

And much as I personally hope that turns out to be true...to be entirely honest, I don't think it is. Having watched that scene very closely, several times now...when Glenn hits the ground, Nicholas is clearly not on top of him. And Glenn sure as hell reacted as though he were the one being eaten.

:cry:

Now having said that...there ARE several really peculiar external details that don't add up, or suggest at the very least that we don't yet know the entire story:

• On Talking Dead, Glenn was VERY conspicuously absent from the "In Memoriam" segment for that episode. Instead, they ran the sentence Please don't let it be true. on the screen three times. Steven Yeun also did not appear on the episode, which is customary when a major character dies.
  • Executive producer Scott Gimple released an official statement via Talking Dead that we will see "some version, or aspect, or part" of Glenn in the future, and that his story is not yet over. While seemingly hopeful on its face, this statement could mean any number of things, several of which are quite unpleasant to consider.
  • Lastly, and this is the big one in my opinion...the same leaked photos from the set of an upcoming episode which revealed the introduction of a very important character from the comics, also happen to show Steven, in costume and character as Glenn, right alongside that person.

So, bottom line...I really hope you're proven right, even though the scene looked pretty definite to me, but I cannot account for these other discrepancies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:55 am 
Global Moderator

Spoiler free statement: I can almost guarantee we'll not see any more on that this coming week. If this half of the season. Because TV writers are assholes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:34 am 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Spoiler free statement: I can almost guarantee we'll not see any more on that this coming week. If this half of the season. Because TV writers are assholes.
You may be right. This next episode (which is going to be another 90-minuter, and it's not even the mid-season finale o_o ) looks like it's going to deal primarily with Morgan's backstory.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:17 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Here's Not Here
Zanth wrote:
Spoiler free statement: I can almost guarantee we'll not see any more on that this coming week.
Well, you were right: this week's episode was devoted entirely to Morgan's backstory. So if you're expecting an answer to a certain pressing question from the previous episode, you'll be disappointed. But otherwise, it's a fascinating and exceptionally powerful episode which finally spells out exactly how Morgan transformed from the raving, suicidal madman seen in Clear to the peaceful aikido master he is now. And now all of the odd little things he's been doing and saying ever since his return in Season 5 not only make perfect sense, but seem genuinely profound, which is a mark of exceptionally good writing and plotting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:59 am 
Site Admin

Gah, I forgot to update this last weekend... :oops:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Now
  • After the Wolves' attack, Deanna is in a state of shock. After having killed the remaining Wolves, Rick barely makes it back to Alexandria ahead of The Herd, half of which quickly surrounds the town, pressing against the walls "twenty deep". Rick tells everyone that all they can do is wait for Daryl, Sasha and Abraham to return and lead The Herd away with their vehicles. Aaron vouches for Rick's plan and admits that the photos he dropped were what drew the Wolves to Alexandria.
  • Meanwhile, Michonne has told Maggie that the plan went to shit and Glenn's current whereabouts, and ultimate fate, are unknown. Maggie is determined to go out and find him, Herd or no Herd. Aaron offers to show her a safe way out through an old sewer tunnel.
  • Believing their community to be doomed, several Alexandrians try to raid the town's pantry. Spencer stops them with a truly impressive speech, doing his shell-shocked mother proud and inspiring her to draw up plans for future expansion. Unfortunately, he later proves to be a total hypocrite by raiding the pantry himself in order to get his load on.
  • Carl tries to convince Ron to help him look for Enid, but Ron refuses and they get into a shoving match (which Carl wins). Later, Ron tells Rick about Carl's intentions, and asks Rick to teach him how to shoot.
  • Denise has been trying to treat the infected wound on Scott's leg, but is still gripped by self-doubt, despite Tara's best efforts to boost her confidence. But Denise later has an epiphany and is able to stabilize Scott, after which she kisses Tara. (I guess this means Denise is not with Heath in the TV series, which she was in the comics.)
  • Meanwhile, Jessie seems to be "waking up" to reality faster than most of the other Alexandrians. (I guess stabbing a Wolf to death with a pair of scissors in her kitchen will have that effect on a person...) After discovering that David's wife Betsy has committed suicide and turned, Jessie calmly puts her down and then basically tells her neighbors that they all need to get with the program, or they're finished. She has also evidently gotten over the fact that Rick executed her husband in front of the whole town five days earlier, judging by her reaction to him kissing her later that night. o_o
  • After trudging through the sewer and fighting off a couple of truly disgusting walkers, Maggie realizes that she and Aaron can't get past The Herd and must call off their search for Glenn. Maggie reveals that she's pregnant (which I kind of suspected after the season opener), and admits that Glenn's fate is out of her hands, and that she has to live with not knowing what's happened to him.
  • Deanna encounters one of the Wolves Carol shot, who has died and turned. She stabs him numerous times with a broken bottle, accomplishing little aside from covering herself in his blood before Rick shows up and finishes him off. Rick tries to convince her to take charge of the community again, but Deanna tells him that what they really need is him, not her.
  • It looks like the wall might be developing a crack...either that, or...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:17 am 
Site Admin

[Reveal] Spoiler: Always Accountable
It may have been easy to miss, but...tonight, we got our very first official glimpse of Something To Fear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next