Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How ISIS (And Other Jihadists) Celebrate Ramadan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Only a week after a wannabe-ISIS terrorist blew up schoolgirls in Manchester, another group of jihadists went on a bloodthirsty rampage in London. ISIS later claimed credit for that one, too.

Today, only a few days later, another ISIS wannabe got his murder on in Australia. As in most other cases, it turns out this was not his first step on the path of jihad, either. In Spain and the Philippines, meanwhile, similarly motivated (but thankfully less bloody) antics have been playing out.

All of this, I would point out, has jumped off during the Islamic "holy month" of Ramadan, which many of these assholes apparently like to celebrate by trying to murder as many people as possible.

Post subject: Re: How ISIS (And Other Jihadists) Celebrate Ramadan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:40 am 
Site Admin

Well, damn. Apparently ISIS has gotten so wrapped up in the "spirit of Ramadan" (I'm saying that sarcastically) that they even decided to attack Iran yesterday, bombing both the Iranian Parliament and the Khomeini Shrine, leaving 12 dead and 42 injured. :shock:

Anyway, Trump's official response (which was almost certainly written by someone other than him) is, in my opinion, one of the most shockingly, genuinely brilliant statements ever issued by his administration:
President Trump wrote:
We grieve and pray for the innocent victims of the terrorist attacks in Iran, and for the Iranian people, who are going through such challenging times. We underscore the risks that states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote.
I'm sure some will immediately take issue with me on this, but given the relations between the US and Iran (we're all but officially enemies, in case anyone doesn't know that), I don't think anyone could have issued a better response.

The Iranian government, for its part, is unsurprisingly not amused. Tough.