Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Man of Steel sequel to pit Superman vs. Batman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

At Comic-Con, Zack Snyder brought actor Harry Lennix out to read a quote from The Dark Knight Returns, and in so doing, to announce the premise of the follow-up movie.

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, In your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Post subject: Re: Man of Steel sequel to pit Superman vs. Batman
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:29 am 
Site Admin

Annnnnnnnnnnnd..............now, there's this.
Quote:
BEN AFFLECK REVEALED AS BATMAN
August 22, 2013 at 8:19pm

BEN AFFLECK REVEALED AS BATMAN IN WARNER BROS. PICTURES’ NEW SUPER HERO FEATURE FILM, NOW SLATED TO OPEN JULY 17, 2015

The Oscar®-winning star joins Henry Cavill in the first ever onscreen match-up of DC Comics’ most iconic characters.

BURBANK, CA, August 22, 2013 – Ending weeks of speculation, Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne. Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder’s as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe, which he established in “Man of Steel.” The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The studio has slated the film to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.

Last month’s surprise announcement of the new movie featuring both Superman and Batman created a wave of excitement and immediately fueled discussion and debate—among fans as well as in the media—about who would put on the cape and cowl of Bruce Wayne’s alter ego.

Snyder successfully re-imagined the origin of Clark Kent/Superman in the worldwide blockbuster “Man of Steel,” which has earned more than $650 million worldwide to date, and climbing. The director will now create an original vision of Batman and his world for the film that brings the two DC Comics icons together.

Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

In the announcement, Silverman stated, “We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

Kroll added, “We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.’ remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes.”

Affleck recently starred in the Academy Award®-winning Best Picture “Argo,” which he also directed and produced, earning acclaim and a BAFTA Award nomination for his performance in the film, as well as a number of directing honors. In 2010, he starred in and directed the hit crime thriller “The Town.” His recent acting work also includes “The Company Men,” “State of Play,” and “Hollywoodland,” for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. Earlier in his career, Affleck starred in and co-wrote (with Matt Damon) “Good Will Hunting,” for which he won an Oscar® for Best Original Screenplay.

The new Super Hero film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers. Production is expected to begin in 2014.

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:35 am 

You can't be serious.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:30 am 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
You can't be serious.
That was my initial reaction as well. Sadly, it does not seem to be a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Sigh...okay. Ben Affleck as Batman. It's a done deal, it's happening, nothing can be done, we're just gonna have to deal with it. I'm going to try -- TRY -- to reserve judgment until we see what actually comes of it.

Having said that...if they cast Matt Damon as Robin, I quit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:09 pm 
Global Moderator

I mean, look at the reaction to Heath Ledger as Joker... Affleck might be amazing. He is a good actor. And you can sigh some relief, rumour is Damon is being considered for Aquaman.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
I mean, look at the reaction to Heath Ledger as Joker... Affleck might be amazing. He is a good actor. And you can sigh some relief, rumour is Damon is being considered for Aquaman.
The sigh I just emitted was the opposite of relieved.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:22 pm 
Global Moderator

Well, Aquaman sucks anyway, so why not? I kinda doubt the Damon rumour anyway, they aren't even looking at Justice League til like 2018 or so. On a better note, Bryan Cranston is Lex Luther, and that will be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
Well, Aquaman sucks anyway, so why not? I kinda doubt the Damon rumour anyway, they aren't even looking at Justice League til like 2018 or so. On a better note, Bryan Cranston is Lex Luther, and that will be awesome.
That hasn't been officially confirmed, AFAIK. But yes it would be awesome if it pans out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:47 pm 
Global Moderator

It's all but official. Supposedly just were waiting for an official announcement til after Breaking Bad has finished. Thing I saw said he signed for 6 movies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

This is interesting...
Quote:
Gal Gadot to play Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman

Variety is reporting actress Gal Gadot has snagged the female lead in Batman vs Superman, which they are calling Wonder Woman. More information is to come.

She will appear alongside Henry Cavill as Superman/ Clark Kent and Ben Affleck as Batman/ Bruce Waynce. Stay tuned for more info.

UPDATE:
Warner Bros has confirmed the casting news via the official Man of Steel Facebook Page:

Wonder Woman/Diana Prince will make her big screen debut in Zack Snyder’s upcoming Superman Batman Film!

Snyder stated, “Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”

Source: Variety and Warner Bros Pictures
I have no idea who this actress is, in all honesty. But I think it's interesting that Wonder Woman will be making her big-screen debut in this movie.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:34 pm 
Global Moderator

She's tiny and super skinny. I'm uncertain based solely on appearance, but there's plenty of time for a little bulking up and whatnot to make her look tough. I've heard good things about her acting, so I remain cautiously optomistic. She has a good face for it, at least, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

The hell...? o_o
Quote:
Jesse Eisenberg Cast As Lex Luthor in ‘Superman/Batman,’ Jeremy Irons Set as Alfred
January 31, 2014 | 09:50AM PT
Dave McNary
Film Reporter
@Variety_DMcNary

Warner Bros. Pictures has cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Superman-Batman film.

The castings, announced Friday, come two weeks after Warner pushed production on the untitled “Superman-Batman” movie to the second quarter of this year and set a release date of May 6, 2016 as the studio departed from a July, 2015 slot.

The film is in pre-production with Henry Cavill as Superman and Ben Affleck as Batman and Zack Snyder directing.

The Superman-Batman pic will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

“Man of Steel” grossed $668 million worldwide.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as exec producers.

“Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940,” Snyder said. “What’s great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He’s a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.”

Lex Luthor did not appear in last year’s Superman reboot “Man of Steel.” Gene Hackman played the role in the three “Superman” films opposite Christopher Reeve; Kevin Spacey took the part for 2006′s “Superman Returns.”

Irons is replacing Michael Caine, who portrayed Alfred in all three Christian Bale Batman films, directed by Christopher Nolan.

“As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne’s most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure,” Snyder said. “He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman. It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne.”

Eisenberg next appears in “The Double” and “Night Moves.” Irons recently appeared in the television miniseries “The Hollow Crown” as Henry IV.

They're making it harder and harder for me to stay optimistic about this movie. :|

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm 
Global Moderator

Sad the Cranston stuff wasn't true. :( It seemed pretty legit information too. Eisenberg is good tho. He plays arrogant & intelligent well, as The Social Network showed. I think he'll be alright.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:28 pm 
Contributing Staff

Well, here's the official trailer, so...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:
Well, here's the official trailer, so...

Well...I've gotta admit that after watching that, I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic again.

Cautiously, yes, but...still.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:25 pm 
Contributing Staff

My attitude's been "hoping for the best but expecting the worst". Man of Steel was so much better than I expected it could ever be, so I'm content not to write this off before I've even seen it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:07 am 
Global Moderator

I think it'll be decent. I liked Man of Steel, so here's hoping.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:16 am 
Site Admin

Loki Kola wrote:
Man of Steel was so much better than I expected it could ever be, so I'm content not to write this off before I've even seen it.

Yeah, that's pretty much the entire reason I'm even contemplating swallowing the bitter, bitter pill that is Ben Affleck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:19 am 
Contributing Staff

Well, the posters are actually very cool, at least imo.