Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: What the f@#$?!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:04 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
So here's a photo a friend took of a page in yesterday's Bismarck Tribune, the newspaper at which I once worked.

That's the highest standard of journalistic quality, right there. Also why you shouldn't rely on spellcheck.

I laughed really hard at that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:
So here's a photo a friend took of a page in yesterday's Bismarck Tribune, the newspaper at which I once worked.

That's the highest standard of journalistic quality, right there. Also why you shouldn't rely on spellcheck.
That's honestly the sort of thing I used to catch as I was pulling papers off the press in stacks. I'm not saying that to blow my own horn, I'm saying it to illustrate exactly how "on the ball" they really are, upstairs. That means the papers nearly made it out to the garage before anyone caught it...and in this case, obviously no one did.

Apparently the tribune's "editors" have never been much for actual editing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:27 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
Zanth wrote:
CWS wrote:

That's honestly the sort of thing I used to catch as I was pulling papers off the press in stacks. I'm not saying that to blow my own horn, I'm saying it to illustrate exactly how "on the ball" they really are, upstairs. That means the papers nearly made it out to the garage before anyone caught it...and in this case, obviously no one did.

Apparently the tribune's "editors" have never been much for actual editing.

By what I hear, they've completely outsourced copy editing now. :/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:46 am 

Someone evidently gave a fuck that one day. :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:39 pm 

My thoughts on the latest Star Wars game can be summarised thusly:

0.24: The moment I realised EA was behind this game

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:50 pm 
Global Moderator

That was really funny. I dunno, I enjoyed it for what it was, a public stress test/bug finding operation. With some polishing, I think it'll be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:22 am 
Contributing Staff

Then again, Battlefield 4 took just over a year to be patched to a state I'd consider playable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:16 pm 

Ea's weaselfuckery is the reason why I'm fearing not just for Battlefront, but for Mass Effect Andromeda too. I just KNOW EA will fuck them both up royal. Come on, don't act surprised, it's literally become their MO. They will tear apart these games into teeny weeny pieces and sell them back to us at exorbitant prices so that we can play the full fucking game. It's already confirmed that Battlefront has suffered this fate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Ea's weaselfuckery is the reason why I'm fearing not just for Battlefront, but for Mass Effect Andromeda too. I just KNOW EA will fuck them both up royal. Come on, don't act surprised, it's literally become their MO. They will tear apart these games into teeny weeny pieces and sell them back to us at exorbitant prices so that we can play the full fucking game. It's already confirmed that Battlefront has suffered this fate.
People have been saying that since before Mass Effect 2 came out. I think it's fair to say they were quite wrong about ME2 and ME3 (regardless of your opinion about the latter's plot and/or endings).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:12 pm 
Global Moderator

CWS wrote:
snowman1989 wrote:
People have been saying that since before Mass Effect 2 came out. I think it's fair to say they were quite wrong about ME2 and ME3 (regardless of your opinion about the latter's plot and/or endings).

A lot of quality titles have been put out by EA via the studios they've acquired that have been quite good. It's their distribution and other practices I hate. And sadly, some of their smaller studios they have strongarmed into making a really cool game have some really shitty aspects(Sim City), but I think they leave Bioware pretty well alone, thankfully. I imagine DICE has a lot of freedom too with all the success they've had.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

CWS wrote:
snowman1989 wrote:
What if my opinion on the latter's endings is that some dialog from the extended cut not making sense without the later-released Leviathan DLC requires such ending dialog to have been available, suggesting that the Leviathan DLC was supposed to include the "actual" endings all along?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

The Phiend wrote:
CWS wrote:
snowman1989 wrote:
What if my opinion on the latter's endings is that some dialog from the extended cut not making sense without the later-released Leviathan DLC requires such ending dialog to have been available, suggesting that the Leviathan DLC was supposed to include the "actual" endings all along?
Then...your opinion is that some of the dialog from the extended cut (which I take it you've watched on YouTube or something? :P ) didn't make sense without the later-released Leviathan DLC? I dunno, it might be the fact that my brain is only operating at about 10-15% capacity right now, but I'm not really following your question.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:05 am 
Site Admin

CWS wrote:
The Phiend wrote:
CWS wrote:
snowman1989 wrote:
Then...your opinion is that some of the dialog from the extended cut (which I take it you've watched on YouTube or something? :P ) didn't make sense without the later-released Leviathan DLC? I dunno, it might be the fact that my brain is only operating at about 10-15% capacity right now, but I'm not really following your question.
The sequence of events strongly suggests to me that the idea was always to release the "actual" endings with DLC, as does how the press release for the extended cut said they "reprioritized our post-launch development efforts" for it...meaning it had to have been on the post-launch agenda in the first place.

Which I think is the kind of thing Jeff was implying; EA rushed the release of the game with the expectation that they'd cover up holes with DLC people would pay for, rather than have the base game whole at launch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:46 am 
Contributing Staff

That seems the case.

Dragon Age: Inquisition, was fantastic, meanwhile, so I've got no idea what's going on, there. Both Bioware titles. Unfortunately, the "rush launch, fix later" strategy appears to be the modus operandi for EA, Ubisoft, and their ilk, now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

The Phiend wrote:
CWS wrote:
The Phiend wrote:
CWS wrote:
snowman1989 wrote:
The sequence of events strongly suggests to me that the idea was always to release the "actual" endings with DLC, as does how the press release for the extended cut said they "reprioritized our post-launch development efforts" for it...meaning it had to have been on the post-launch agenda in the first place.

Which I think is the kind of thing Jeff was implying; EA rushed the release of the game with the expectation that they'd cover up holes with DLC people would pay for, rather than have the base game whole at launch.
Okay, I get it now...and yeah, that's entirely possible, even if it didn't bother me that much personally, since I loved the game regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

This is accurate.

And I'm pretty sure I've been in that room.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:28 am 
Site Admin

Ummmmm......... o_o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:34 am 
Site Admin

THE HORROR, THE HORROR I TELL YOU :shock:

That's just wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start. :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:49 am 
Site Admin

This is too funny for me not to share.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:56 pm 

That man may be silent, but his eyes are screaming. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next