Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.
 
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.


  • Blue Merle Yondu is back.
  • So is Nebula.
  • How is that tape not warped beyond belief? 'Cause that happens, you know.
  • Drax still doesn't wear a shirt. But now he's much more...uhh..."sensitive".
  • Mini-Groot is still growing.
  • I am excite.

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
I'm considering merging all of the Marvel movie topics for the sake of continuity. Any opinions...should I do that, or leave them all split up the way they are?

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:08 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
Already they have graced us with a new trailer!



And...
CWS wrote:
I'm considering merging all of the Marvel movie topics for the sake of continuity. Any opinions...should I do that, or leave them all split up the way they are?
I take it nobody cares?

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 am
Posts: 935
Location: Oregon, USA
CWS wrote:
And...
CWS wrote:
I'm considering merging all of the Marvel movie topics for the sake of continuity. Any opinions...should I do that, or leave them all split up the way they are?
I take it nobody cares?
Well, I suppose if you want to make it harder to talk about the movies for some reason, that'd be fine....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
The Phiend wrote:
CWS wrote:
And...
CWS wrote:
I'm considering merging all of the Marvel movie topics for the sake of continuity. Any opinions...should I do that, or leave them all split up the way they are?
I take it nobody cares?
Well, I suppose if you want to make it harder to talk about the movies for some reason, that'd be fine....
How would that make it harder to talk about them? Personally, I think it would make it easier to keep the overall continuity in mind.

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:34 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 am
Posts: 935
Location: Oregon, USA
CWS wrote:
How would that make it harder to talk about them? Personally, I think it would make it easier to keep the overall continuity in mind.
Exactly. It'd make it easier to keep the overall continuity in mind...by obscuring the individual movies.

Seriously. If you want to talk/read about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" thread is pretty obvious...as is the reverse scenario, where the thread titled "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" makes you think "hey, I know about that one and have something to say!" A conglomerated thread is going to be an extra step or so at best, and a shut-out at worst (seriously, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy and find it unnoteworthy that there's a "Marvel Cinematic Universe" it's part of; someone who doesn't even know of said MCU isn't going to make the connection). To say nothing of the difficulty of finding posts about a particular movie if it isn't the most recent.


If putting them together is really the route you want to take, you should consider a subforum instead of a merged thread. Maybe sticky your Charting the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread in there, too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
The Phiend wrote:
CWS wrote:
How would that make it harder to talk about them? Personally, I think it would make it easier to keep the overall continuity in mind.
Exactly. It'd make it easier to keep the overall continuity in mind...by obscuring the individual movies.

Seriously. If you want to talk/read about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" thread is pretty obvious...as is the reverse scenario, where the thread titled "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" makes you think "hey, I know about that one and have something to say!" A conglomerated thread is going to be an extra step or so at best, and a shut-out at worst (seriously, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy and find it unnoteworthy that there's a "Marvel Cinematic Universe" it's part of; someone who doesn't even know of said MCU isn't going to make the connection). To say nothing of the difficulty of finding posts about a particular movie if it isn't the most recent.


If putting them together is really the route you want to take, you should consider a subforum instead of a merged thread. Maybe sticky your Charting the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread in there, too.

Fair enough.

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:20 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
New trailer:


_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:27 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
MORE NEW TRAILER JOY


_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:16 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
MOAR TRAILER-AGE

Also Nathan Fillion was apparently going to be in the movie, but his role was cut. :(

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:08 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
Well, this movie definitely does not disappoint. That's all I can say for right now without spoiling anything.

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:27 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am
Posts: 3142
Location: NoDak, U.S.A.
...How did I miss that one of the Sovereign admirals was played by Ben Browder...??? o_o

_________________
Image
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL