Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Captain Marvel
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

I guess I forgot to post this trailer when it was released about a week ago, while I was distracted fighting my still-unresolved driver problem.

Perhaps I'll talk to myself about it later, too, should the mood strike me.

Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am 
Site Admin

Second trailer.

Having gone back and re-watched every single movie in the entire MCU over the past couple months, a few things about this did jump out at me which I think are worth noting.

• This story takes place sometime in the 1990s, and may involve events that Nick Fury cryptically referred to throughout Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  • Carol Danvers' characterization of the Kree is strikingly different from what we have actually seen of them in other movies thus far, most notably in both Guardians of the Galaxy films.
  • Speaking of which, Ronan the Accuser will be in this movie, since he is a prominent Kree and his fatal dance-off battle with the Guardians on Xandar won't take place for another twenty years or so.
  • The Skrulls are officially here now, and in fact, they have been since long before the MCU "officially" began in 2008. That could potentially throw a whole lot of things in all of the prior movies into question. For those who have never read (or read about) the comics, the Skrulls are a race of shape-shifters who have a habit of impersonating, and then replacing, prominent individuals so as to influence galactic events. This could potentially mean that some of the major characters we've come to know over the past decade may have been Skrulls all along, and no one ever knew it.
  • Also going back to the comics, Carol Danvers has been an extremely important character in the Marvel Universe since the late 1960s. In addition to her obvious history with Nick Fury, she is also deeply connected to several X-Men characters, particularly Wolverine and Rogue. This is significant to the MCU due to Disney's impending acquisition of Fox studios, and the likelihood that those characters will inevitably (and finally!) be added to the MCU continuity as a result.