Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: ATTENTION: Forum-specific Rules - Creative Writing Forum
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:45 am 
Site Admin

This forum is for the posting, sharing and discussion of personal and creative writing. It's my intention to be pretty lenient in terms of what sort of content or subject matter will or won't be allowed, but if you post something with explicit and/or adult content (i.e. graphic sex or extreme violence) please include a clear notice in the subject heading of your post, or you will be reprimanded and your post may be edited or deleted. And we wouldn't want that!

The posting of stories involving characters, setting or ideas which are the creative or intellectual property of another person or group (i.e. fanfiction) is allowed; however, if your posted writing deals with such copyrighted material, we require you to give appropriate credit to the original creator(s) and/or copyright holder(s) in your posted text, preferably at or near the beginning.

Also, this should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: do not, under any circumstances steal, plagiarize or make any other uses of another member's intellectual property, characters or ideas without their explicit permission.

Lastly, all members are strongly encouraged to give each other creative feedback here, and to show interest in each others' work. We are all trying to improve our writing skills, and peer feedback is an extremely important factor in this effort. You don't have to be an aspiring writer yourself to be "qualified" to review others' work, you only need to be able to read and have an opinion. It's about making an effort. It isn't reasonable for anyone to expect or demand that other members review or show interest in their own work, when they're not willing to do the same for others.

Also -- and this is deceptively difficult for some people (myself included) -- please try to separate your personal ego from your creative work. If other members give you critical feedback or offer suggestions as to how you might improve something, understand that they are trying to help you, not tear you down. And that no matter how highly you may think of your own skills, everyone always has room for improvement.

As long as you keep these few guidelines in mind, your only other limit should be the power of your imagination.

Last edited by CWS on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Clarification.
Last bumped by CWS on Fri May 14, 2010 7:45 am.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]