Deadpool

Forum for the discussion of Marvel Comics, characters, the Marvel Cinematic Universe and other related media.
Loki Kola
Contributing Staff

Deadpool

Post by Loki Kola »

Well, the second red band trailer for Deadpool is out, and fucking hilarious. Like Deadpool or not, Ryan Reynolds certainly captures his hyperactive charm.

Gravity (highlight to see)

CWS
Site Admin

Re: Deadpool

Post by CWS »

I'm really not a fan of Deadpool or Ryan Reynolds, but I have to admit, this actually looks a lot better than I would have expected.

Best line: "I don't have time for your X-Men bullshit, Colossus!"

(Sorry about the yellow font but it's Deadpool so deal with it.)
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend

Loki Kola
Contributing Staff

Post by Loki Kola »

The previous trailer had some great dialogue, too.

"Wait! You might be asking yourself, why the red suit? Why, I'll tell you why: it's so no one can see me bleed. See, this guy here has the right idea: he's wearing the brown pants."
Gravity (highlight to see)

snowman1989

Post by snowman1989 »

Looks like I'm the first to have seen the movie here. Guess I'd better give you a brief review of sorts.

In short: The movie is fantastic. The villains and the two lone X-Men were pretty shallow overall, but Deadpool himself was 100% spot on. After the shitfest that was Fantastic Four, I was expecting another fuckup. But not only does Fox decide to man up and slap on the R rating, they said "fuck it, let's make him totally crass and debauched beyond anything yet seen in cinema." Good call, Fox. ;) That "R" actually means something too: this is full of swearing, ultra violence, full frontal nudity and kinky sex. This is the real Deadpool, not that retarded Barakapool from "X-men Origins." :x And I have to say Ryan Reynolds hit the nail on the head. This guy is as much Deadpool as Christopher Reeve was Superman, or Robert Downey Jr. is Tony Stark. And yes: he breaks the fourth wall. Hard. :rbg:

It's an 8/10 for me. The main character is the same twisted, irreverant, insane psychopath from the comics, and he's finally been done justice. The only reasons this movie doesn't score higher for me is because of the shallow villains and shallow X-Men cameos.