Spiderman: Homecoming

Forum for the discussion of Marvel Comics, characters, the Marvel Cinematic Universe and other related media.
Loki Kola
Contributing Staff

Spiderman: Homecoming

Post by Loki Kola »

Featuring Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Tom Holland as Spiderman, and Michael Keaton as Vulture.
Gravity (highlight to see)

CWS
Site Admin

Re: Spiderman: Homecoming

Post by CWS »

Loki Kola wrote:Featuring Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Tom Holland as Spiderman, and Michael Keaton as Vulture.
And Zendaya Coleman as Mary-Jane Watson, which is...slightly odd. :| Still, looks promising!
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend

CWS
Site Admin

Post by CWS »

CWS wrote:
Loki Kola wrote:Featuring Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Tom Holland as Spiderman, and Michael Keaton as Vulture.
And Zendaya Coleman as Mary-Jane Watson, which is...slightly odd. :| Still, looks promising!
I seem to have forgotten to correct my previous statement, but it's been conclusively stated that Zendaya will not be playing Mary-Jane, after all. In fact, current leaks suggest her character is actually related to the Vulture, somehow.

Oh yeah, here's another new trailer too:

Image Image

CWS
Site Admin

Post by CWS »

Well, I went to the movie tonight and it did not disappoint. In fact I think this is probably the best Spider-Man movie to date (and I loved the first two Raimi/Maguire movies). Tom Holland is seriously the best Peter Parker so far, by far.

I'll even go so far as to (un)officially re-christen it as...The Spectacular Spider-Man!
Spider-Man: Homecoming (highlight to see)
They did end up pulling a bit of a fast one on us with the M.J. "reveal" at the end, so yeah, it really is odd after all. Oh well. (shrug) Personally, I was a lot more surprised by the unexpected return of Pepper Potts. When Tony said they were "taking a break" in Civil War, I figured that probably meant Gwyneth Paltrow was officially done with the MCU, and we wouldn't be seeing her again.
Image Image