Thor: The Dark World

Forum for the discussion of Marvel Comics, characters, the Marvel Cinematic Universe and other related media.
Loki Kola
Contributing Staff

Thor: The Dark World

Post by Loki Kola »

Marvel released the trailer for Thor: The Dark World today, and it looks excellent.

Gravity (highlight to see)

CWS
Site Admin

Re: Thor: The Dark World

Post by CWS »

Why yes, it does. The first movie was much better than I'd expected, and this looks like an enormous step up from that.

Y'know, it's funny. Back in my comic-collecting days (which was the early '90s, if anyone's curious), the Avengers books (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, etc.) were all titles, and characters, that I had absolutely no interest in whatsoever. But fast-forward a couple decades, and with the exception of the last two Hulk films, they've each produced some of the best comic book movie adaptations ever made.
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend

Zanth
Global Moderator

Post by Zanth »

CWS wrote:Why yes, it does. The first movie was much better than I'd expected, and this looks like an enormous step up from that.

Y'know, it's funny. Back in my comic-collecting days (which was the early '90s, if anyone's curious), the Avengers books (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, etc.) were all titles, and characters, that I had absolutely no interest in whatsoever. But fast-forward a couple decades, and with the exception of the last two Hulk films, they've each produced some of the best comic book movie adaptations ever made.
I agree with that 100%. I had zero interest in seeing Iron Man, but some friends drug me to it for my birthday when it came out and i loved it. So now I get a new Marvel flick for my birthday every year. :)
Image Image

Loki Kola
Contributing Staff

Post by Loki Kola »

Yeah, I never cared for the comic universes so much as the stories in them, and DC won out with Batman and Superman more often than Marvel did with their various characters. These new films, though, are really a step above what's expected of them, as many people would indeed be content to just have Thor feature in a film. The actors in Marvel's current series of films, and this is Phase 2 we're in, do an excellent job of selling tremendous tales. I'm looking forward to Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy, all of which will be arriving before The Avengers 2.
Gravity (highlight to see)

CWS
Site Admin

Post by CWS »

I finally made it out to see this movie, and it does indeed kick enormous quantities of ass.
Image Image

Zanth
Global Moderator

Post by Zanth »

I loved it. I think I enjoyed watching this one more than the first one.

Best part tho...
(highlight to see)
Thor hanging Mewmew(I know, I know) on the coat hook in Jane's apartment.
Image Image

CWS
Site Admin

Post by CWS »

Zanth wrote:I loved it. I think I enjoyed watching this one more than the first one.

Best part tho...
(highlight to see)
Thor hanging Mewmew(I know, I know) on the coat hook in Jane's apartment.
I agree. :rbg:
Image Image