Sincronos.net Forums

Sincronos.net Forums

Nothing is permanent, everything is constant.

It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Easter massacre in Sri Lanka
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

A series of coordinated suicide bombings at several Catholic churches and hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday have left at least 290 Christians dead, and an additional 450 500 injured.

While no one has, to my knowledge, claimed responsibility at this point, we have seen this scenario play out enough times over the past couple decades, all across the globe, to know exactly what happened here. And the scale and coordinated nature of the attacks was far too organized to have been the work of a few random crazies.

Some continue to insist that we are not witnessing a clash of civilizations, but those who do most of the killing seem awfully determined to prove otherwise.

Last edited by CWS on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Updated numbers.

Post subject: Re: Easter massacre in Sri Lanka
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

Sri Lankan intelligence has named a local cleric, Moulvi Zahran Hashim, as the suspected mastermind behind this attack, the death toll of which has climbed to 321.

ISIS has claimed responsibility as well, of course, and also that this massacre was supposedly a retaliation for the recent shootings at several mosques in Christchurch. However, this particular guy has apparently been making death threats against any and all non-Muslims for years, and the Sri Lankan authorities may have had warnings about this specific event going back several weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:54 pm 

Nothing I've seen indicates this was a revenge attack for Christchurch. 24 hour news media is jumping to conclusions and tying unrelated events to one another. But I wouldn't have thought Sri Lanka would have a terror attack on Christians by Islamic extremists. My understanding was that Sri Lanka's main issue was between the Buddhist Sinhalese and the Hindu Tamil minority. The civil war ended only a few years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

snowman1989 wrote:
Nothing I've seen indicates this was a revenge attack for Christchurch. 24 hour news media is jumping to conclusions and tying unrelated events to one another. But I wouldn't have thought Sri Lanka would have a terror attack on Christians by Islamic extremists.
And yet, that's exactly what happened here.

For the record, I don't buy the "revenge" justification either, because as I noted in my previous post, there are indications that this attack had been planned for months, if not longer. That's simply what the wannabe-ISIS filth who are cheering this bloodbath online have claimed. If the massacre in Christchurch hadn't happened last month, they'd be citing something else.