The Batman

Forum for the discussion of DC Comics, characters, movies, and other related media.
CWS
Site Admin

The Batman

Post by CWS »

So DC just had their big FanDome event, and hell if it doesn't look like they may actually be trying to make a comeback of sorts. There were trailers for the long-awaited Snyder Cut of Justice League, Wonder Woman 1984, James Gunn's Suicide Squad reboot, and last but certainly not least...this.
Thoughts?

I think it actually looks shockingly good, and at the same time, very different from all the previous Batman movies (with the possible exception of The Dark Knight), striking a very deliberately cerebral tone and promising an ominous new take on The Riddler. I've had my doubts about Robert Pattinson as (a very young) Batman, and I still think he'd be a more natural fit as Dick Grayson, but having said that, I also had a lot of doubts (to say the least) about Ben Affleck in the role, and he completely surprised me. So this looks like it could be very, very interesting.

I'm also not familiar with director Matt Reeves' previous work on the recent Planet of the Apes trilogy, but they were obviously pretty popular.
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend