The FINAL election poll

For the discussion of current events and political debate.
NOTE: You will find strong opinions here. Some of them may will probably offend you. Read the rules carefully before posting.

Make your peace.

Fuck
50%
Shit
50%

Total votes: 2

CWS
Site Admin

The FINAL election poll

Post by CWS »

Not that I'm under any illusions about it even being decided on time, anyway.
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend

snowman1989

Re: The FINAL election poll

Post by snowman1989 »

"Done on time?" You know it's a massive logistical undertaking to count tens of millions of ballots from across the world's third largest country straddling several time zones, right? There's no way you can reasonably count all the votes in just a few hours on Election Night as each state does things differently. And to count votes coming in from overseas or in the mail can take a couple of weeks.

CWS
Site Admin

Post by CWS »

snowman1989 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:14 am
"Done on time?" You know it's a massive logistical undertaking to count tens of millions of ballots from across the world's third largest country straddling several time zones, right? There's no way you can reasonably count all the votes in just a few hours on Election Night as each state does things differently. And to count votes coming in from overseas or in the mail can take a couple of weeks.
Of course I'm aware of all that. And yet, they usually manage it, somehow. If there's a significant delay, it likely won't be because of any of these things.
Image Image
Snow banner by Synkopated; Family banner by The Phiend

snowman1989

Post by snowman1989 »

My prediction for this evening: Biden will win, but it's going to be close. And Trump is not going to concede; he'll fight tooth and nail to stay in the White House and contest the results. And since he'll still be the President in November, December and most of January, and since the Republicans will stop at nothing to seize power, and since Trump's just stacked the Supreme Court in his favour, he's going to have all he needs to attempt the biggest coup in American history.

Fuckin' oath, I hope you're battening down the hatches over there.